Walking is undoubtedly one of the best and easiest ways to exercise. It’s a great alternative to running and it provides numerous benefits as running. The only difference is that walking does not put extra strain to your heart, muscles, and joints. To put simply, walking is without a doubt a good way to exercise without over exerting your body.
The only similarity of running and walking is the needs for a good quality footwear. You need to have enough comfort, support, and space, especially when walking. Without a proper footwear, the risk of injury or bone and muscle issues might increase. Whether you’re a hiker or a walker, you need the right walking shoes in order to maintain a good posture and superb comfort when you are talking a short or long walk.
If you are searching for shoes that will meet all your walking needs, then you might want to check our reviews below as we’re going to show you the most comfortable walking shoes for men available today.
Table of Contents
- What to Look for When Buying a Walking Shoe for Men
- TOP 10 Best Walking Shoes for Men
- 1. Mxson Men’s Ultra Lightweight Breathable Mesh Street Sport Walking Shoes
- 2. ASICS Women’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe
- 3. Adidas Men’s Cf Racer Tr
- 4. Dreamcity Men’s Water Shoes Athletic Sport Lightweight Walking Shoes
- 5. Skechers Sport Men’s Flex Advantage 2.0 the Happs Oxford
- 6. New Balance Men’s 990v4
- 7. Under Armour Men’s Threadborne Slingflex Sneaker
- 8. New Balance Men’s MW877 Walking Shoe
- 9. NIKE Men’s Flex Experience RN 6 Running Shoes
- 10. Adidas Men’s Alphabounce Em M Running Shoe
What to Look for When Buying a Walking Shoe for Men
Finding the perfect walking shoe is easy — that if you know the things to look for when purchasing one. Our tips below will enable you find the right walking shoe, allowing you to walk with comfort, ease, and satisfaction.
- The first thing you should do is to check the heel of the footwear. The heel should not be an inch higher than its sole under the ball of the foot. Moreover, there should also be no flare.
- A well-made walking shoe should rock a bit when poked. You can test this by putting the shoe on the floor and poking the toe. If it rocks a little, then that’s a sign that it’s a well-made footwear.
- When choosing a walking footwear, it’s crucial to get one that perfectly fits your feet and is comfortable to wear. Go for one that is made of high-quality, soft materials to attain the best results.
- Always make sure to consider the terrain where you plan to walk when picking a footwear. Some walking shoes are specifically made for rough terrains while others are only useful on smooth surfaces. Picking the right type of walking footwear allows you to walk comfortably and with more control.
Follow the given tips above and you should be able to select the right walking shoe for you in no time. Let’s now tackle the best and most comfortable walking for men, shall we?
TOP 10 Best Walking Shoes for Men
1. Mxson Men’s Ultra Lightweight Breathable Mesh Street Sport Walking Shoes
The Mxson shoes provides a great fit and they are really a good footwear for the price. Comes with an arch support insole, breathable mesh upper, and special outsole, the walking shoes provides superb comfort, stability, and support to the wearer. It comes with an attractive design that will allow you to walk in comfort and style.
- Stretchable mesh upper for remarkable comfort
- Rubber outsole is elastic and lightweight for more stability
- Delivers exceptional support with its arch support insole
- Attractive and comfortable design
The quality of the Mxson shoes are not the best so don’t expect them to last for many years. But it comes with an affordable price and is very light and comfortable to wear so don’t ask for more unless you want to spend more.
2. ASICS Women’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe
With an exceptional cushioning system, the ASICS GEL-VENTURE 5 footwear delivers good fit and everyday comfort. It features a rugged outsole, making it an ideal walking shoe for a variety of terrains.
- Provided with a GEL cushioning system and arch support for the best comfort
- Easy to take on and off
- Fits different terrains well
- Made of durable and high-quality materials
While the ASICS Women shoes are no doubt great walking shoes, they are not good for running. Just try not to use this shoe when you are planning to run as it might only cause discomfort or pain.
3. Adidas Men’s Cf Racer Tr
The Adidas Cf Racer features a Cloudfoam technology that delivers amazing support and comfort, allowing you to walk with ease, comfort, and satisfaction. The shoe is made of high-quality durable materials, enabling it to last very long.
- Constructed of durable and comfortable materials
- Sleek and stylish design
- Provides a perfect fit
- Available at a reasonable price
Don’t use the Adidas Racer shoe for running as it isn’t made for that. It tends to wear out quickly, especially when used for workouts or running from time to time. Overall, it’s a decent casual walking footwear.
4. Dreamcity Men’s Water Shoes Athletic Sport Lightweight Walking Shoes
Looking for excellent and affordable walking shoes? Look no further — here’s the Dreamcity walking footwear for you. Featuring a breathable mesh upper, water grip outsole, Comfordry sockliner, and solyte midsole, this footwear offers exceptional breathability, durability, comfort, and traction in slippery conditions.
- Flexible and lightweight so it’s safe and comfortable to wear
- Water grip outsole for slippery and wet conditions
- Durable rubber sole and breathable mesh upper
- Attractive design
The Dreamcity walking shoes runs quite big, but that’s just a minor issue. Make sure to order smaller than your size to achieve the best, secure fit. Having the right fit allows you to perform at your best.
5. Skechers Sport Men’s Flex Advantage 2.0 the Happs Oxford
The Skechers Happs Oxford provides a good, comfortable fit. The shoes are light and flexible, making them comfortable to wear. Moreover, it comes with a nice looking design that will enable you to walk in style.
- Lightweight and durable
- Stylish walking shoes
- Made of high-quality comfortable materials
- Memory foam insole and synthetic sole for the best comfort and performance
This walking shoe has almost everything that makes a perfect walking footwear. However, there’s a single downside: it runs big. Fortunately, that small issue can be solved by simply ordering a smaller size.
6. New Balance Men’s 990v4
The New Balance 990v4 walking shoes have too many useful features to offer. From breathable mesh upper, rubber outsole, leather overlays, to dual-density collar foam, making it one of the best walking shoes out there.
- Durable and long lasting
- Well-made walking shoe
- Gorgeous looking footwear
- Provides comfort and style
Although the New Balance shoes are very comfortable to wear, they run quite large so consider ordering a smaller size to attain a perfect fit.
7. Under Armour Men’s Threadborne Slingflex Sneaker
Searching for comfortable, breathable, and attractive walking shoes? That’s where the Under Armour footwear shines. Featuring a threadborne upper, knit construction features, and heel counter with soft padding, it provides the ultimate support, flexibility, and strength.
- Cushioning system for superb comfort
- Harder foam for extreme support
- Solid rubber outsole for durability and lightweight
- Good-looking walking shoes
You might want to get a wider and bigger one if you want to get this one as these shoes runs very small. You might find this walking footwear a bit uncomfortable to wear if your feet is big or wide, but you can always order a bigger size to solve this minor problem.
8. New Balance Men’s MW877 Walking Shoe
Whether you are a serious walker or a professional athlete, the New Balance MW will suit all your walking shoe needs. It comes with a padded collar and tongue and ABZORB middle cushioning that gives you comfort and power with every step you take.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Padded tongue and collar
- ABZORB middle cushioning for comfort and support
- Light, soft, and flexible
The design of the New Balance MW877 is not the best, but it’s no doubt gets the job done right. After all, the appearance will not affect its performance so this is really nothing you should worry about.
9. NIKE Men’s Flex Experience RN 6 Running Shoes
The NIKE RN 6 provides an excellent, comfortable fit through its seamless overly and breathable mesh fabric. These shoes are lightweight and delivers a good support, making it perfect for serious walkers.
- Single-layer breathable mesh for superb ventilation
- Injected unit sole delivers lightweight and comfortable cushioning
- Durable rubber sole
- Perfect for casual walkers
These NIKE RN 6 shoes runs small so you might find them a bit narrow if you have a wide feet. To acquire the right fit, simply order a pair bigger than your standard size.
10. Adidas Men’s Alphabounce Em M Running Shoe
When it comes to features, the Adidas Alphabounce has many to provide. With a lightweight upper mesh and a bounce midsole, and grippy rubber outsole, this high-quality footwear provides extreme comfort, long-distance support, complete control, and flexible cushioning.
- Engineered mesh upper
- Sock-like construction
- Bouncy, durable, and comfortable
- Flexible design
The cushioning of the Alphabounce is quite decent. However, it is not that great for running. But what do you expect — it’s a walking shoe. That means it is specifically made for walking so just avoid using it when running.
While there are numerous walking shoes out there, only some of them stand out. Consider using the list above as a guide to find the best walking footwear for you. These shoes will provide you the comfort and satisfaction you desire.