Ergonomic gaming chairs are basically souped-up office chairs, boasting ergonomically moulded armrests, heaps of padding, comfortable recline, and headrest pillows that support you as you conquer your enemies in your favourite computer game.
Whether you are a regular gamer, or one that normally spends a number of hours every day fighting slimes in an MMORPG, having an ergonomic gaming chair to support your gaming sessions is more crucial that it looks like.
Because of the long hours sitting in the same position when we play, it is no surprise that musculoskeletal problems including neck and back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and even hand stiffness are so prevalent among players.
That said, we picked the two best ergonomic gaming chairs out there that comes with reasonable price to make sure you get the most value for your hard-earned money. Read on!
Why Should You Get an Ergonomic Gaming Chair?
You may want to get yourself a good gaming chair if you always sit down and play computer games for a number of hours at one sitting. Not sitting properly and keeping that poor posture over long-period of time can lead to health problems like back pain, poor blood circulation, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Having a well-made ergonomic gaming chair can aid you maintain a comfortable and healthy sitting position for extended periods of playing. Ergonomic gaming chairs normally come with bold colour designs in order to give you cool fashion statements in your room, setting a particular ambience or feel that can tell others that you mean business.
How Is an Ergonomic Gaming Chair Different from Other Chairs?
Ergonomic gaming chairs are designed for individuals who play long hours of computer games. Thus, the focus of these chairs is to make your sitting experience more comfortable while also supporting your whole body in a natural position to prevent long-term harm to your health.
Furthermore, ergonomic gaming chairs may have more features that can help you maintain a consistent posture. Certain gaming chairs may include other cool features that can improve your gaming experience which are a massage setting, remote controls for your console or TV, and console connectivity.
Devoko Racing Style Ergonomic Gaming Chair Review 2019
1. Devoko Ergonomic Gaming Chair Racing Style Adjustable Height High-Back PC Computer Chair with Headrest and Lumbar Support Executive Office Chair (Red)
While this gaming chair is one of the most expensive options out there, it comes with a very cool design with wheels to supplement its convenience. It is also a highly rated pick, since many users have found it to be incredibly comfortable
This ergonomic gaming chair is meant to be large and durable, which is not something all consumers expect from a gaming chair at this pricing range. It also gives a very cool design, amalgamating red and black PU leather. With red and black wheels, it can let your chair have a slight touch of the race car feel.
In addition, it is also made to be easy to recline, letting you to lock it in at a suitable position. With extra lumbar support as well as an integrated headrest, you’ll be able to enjoy sitting in this gaming chair for long-period of time. You’ll also surely be able to concentrate on your games, without worrying for any physical stress.
Furthermore, this is a very beautifully pleasing chair, particularly in the gaming industry. It also comes with an affordable price considering the myriad of advantages and features which ultimately lets consumers to get the comfort they need without breaking their respective hard-earned money just for a chair.
With a load capacity of up to 300 pounds, it is also going to be very comfortable and sturdy enough for a wider variety of consumer options. You will also get a great six-month warranty. Its high curved back is covered by breathable premium leather that has freely adjustable headrest pillow as well as lumbar support that ultimately protects the user’s spinal and neck. Additionally, it comes with a 3600 swivel rotation with high-quality silent rolling wheel with no scratches on the floor.
Moreover, it comes with a simple lock-tilt adjustment that has reclined angle adjuster that relieves tired feeling and pressure because of long gaming session and working.
However, for some, its side wings on the gaming chair can start to intrude uncomfortably on the sides of their legs, yielding to less space for them to enjoy. In addition to that, some prospective users may also observe a chemical smell on its PU leather which is not really pleasant, though it should wear off eventually.
- You can get a free placement of this gaming chair under warranty within six months
- You can return this gaming chair within 30 days under warranty and get your money back
- Easy swivel rotation of up to 360 degrees
- Ideal size for the price
- Aesthetically pleasing and very affordable
- Comes with a wide dimensions for tall and big gamers
- The seat is adjustable for up to 20 inches
- Supports up to 300 pounds
- Comes with an ergonomic headrest and an adjustable lumbar cushion that improve your extra comfort
- Premium PU leather material
- Lock-tilt function and height-adjustable pneumatic spring
- Sturdy duty base with smooth-rolling casters
- Side wings can be uncomfortable for certain users
- Some customers notice an unpleasant chemical smell
- Installing the backrest to the middle section is kind of hard
2. Devoko Racing Style Gaming Chair Height Adjustable Swivel PC Computer Chair with Headrest and Lumbar Support Leather Reclining Executive Office Chair (White)
This yet another gaming chair from Devoko is one of the best gaming chairs out there in the market as of the moment. Despite its core material being faux leather, this didn’t detract from the overall aesthetics of this gaming chair that seems premium and looks pricier than what it actually is.
This product boasts all of the hallmarks that one would expect out of a quality gaming chair. This includes a removable cushion and headrest for extra support as well as an adjustable armrest for finding the ideal gaming position. The rolling wheels are made from high-quality PU and have a 360 degree swivel rotation that aids to preclude accidental floor board scratches and control noise.
Its backrest also boasts a distinctive diamond-like cross pattern design that aids to increase the chairs weight capacity up to 330 pounds and resistance to wear and tear.
- Comes with an adjustable lumbar cushion and an ergonomic headrest for extra comfort
- Its diamond-shaped cross premium leather material improves load-bearing capacity
- Comes with lock-tilt feature and height-adjustable pneumatic spring
- Durably duty base with smooth rolling casters
- 360 degree swivel rotation to move with mute wheels
- Large 180 degree recline to completely relax between gaming
- Proven-and-tested gaming chair design for extra ergonomic support and comfort
- Durable and high-quality seat with high-density padding
- Easy to assemble and premium, ergonomic design
- Smooth rolling casters and heavy-duty base
- Height adjustable pneumatic gas spring lift with lock-tilt function
- Diamond-shaped material that aids to evenly distribute surface tensions
- New chairs may come with a particular chemical smell, with a few having quality control issues
- Armrests can’t flip back and needs disassembly to get rid of them
Crucial Things to Look for an Ergonomic Gaming Chair
Ergonomic supports including pillow adjustability, padding thickness, and chair shape are all crucial since you want your gaming chair to support a healthy posture when you’re sitting in it for long hours. We believe that no chair is made equal, but of course there are excellent ergonomic gaming chairs that cost 5 PS4s.
The best chair is the one that gives the best functionality and comfort for your needs. Other impressive aspects you can seek for in a good ergonomic gaming chair must include material and design quality, sturdiness, adjustability, mobility, and range of motion. Even more specialized factors of a gaming chair are Bluetooth connectivity, subwoofer sound systems, height-adjustable armrests, and aesthetics might also be important depending on your gaming requirements.
Who Can Use an Ergonomic Gaming Chair?
Pretty much everyone can use one! Just like how everyone can be a great gamer. Children to adults alike can use a gaming chair for their working or playing needs. However, there are also gaming chairs that are particularly built for a specific age demographic or range. You may also want to look at the specifications of the gaming chair while sitting in the chair itself. It’s the best way to gauge whether it’s the ideal chair for you.
Would You Get Better at Playing Computer Games While Sitting In a Gaming Chair?
This is a question for the ages. By sitting in a premium ergonomic gaming chair, you can preclude health issues that over time can hurt your ability to play computer games. For instance, sitting in a gaming chair with poorly engineered armrests can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome that can cause wrist discomfort which can make it hard to move your wrists.
For certain games where pressing many buttons or keys is required, the pain will most probably lower your ability to play. By relying on an ergonomic gaming chair, you can make your body relax, which can aid your gaming skills. On the side note, you might find yourself sleepy. Furthermore, you may find that having a gaming chair with built-in speakers aids you to react faster to approaching enemies.
Devoko Racing Style Ergonomic Gaming Chair Buyer’s Guide
In terms of gaming chairs, it is crucial to remember the features including the materials used, design, height control, and of course adjustability. It is also a good thought to consider the various kinds of gaming chairs out there in the market so that you can choose the best one for your needs.
Usually, this factor refers to changes you can make to the chair in order to have the perfect amount of comfort. Features including foot rest and adjustable arms are a good idea. The ability to lock into various levels of reclining is also a good feature. Remember that whether you want to be able to recline or not, not all chairs are going to have this factor to the same extent. Due to that, it is crucial to find something that can suit your specific preferences so that you can get the most comfort for your gaming or working needs.
Height control is what lets you to be level with the computer, television or other kind of screen your attention is on. Most chairs can have this feature, through the use of a handle and a pump that lets you easily adjust the height if the gaming chair. This is particularly crucial for taller users who might require more leg space, or for those shorter users who need a high enough level to game efficiently. When you put together your chair, it is a good idea to test it out in order to make sure that it’s going to be able to fit your gaming needs.
There’s no point in spending your hard-earned money on a decent gaming chair if it is not going to look cool. There are a lot of options out there as far as colours, materials, and overall design.
Take your time to guarantee that you pick a chair that you like the design of, and that can give you plenty of comfort. Achieving solid balance between the two can give you the best possible value for your hard-earned money. It can also leave your friends and visitors envious of your style.
Ergonomic gaming chairs can be made from a number of various materials. Many are usually made of a PU leather which is less pricey than real leather and tends to be much easier to clean compared to other kinds of materials out there. Obviously, the materials in your gaming chair can be up to you and your requirements. If you don’t like the feeling of leather, then there are a number of selections that use different materials. Take your time to consider the type of materials you want before making a buy.
Types of Gaming Chairs
There are many kinds of gaming chairs out there, including bean bag gaming chairs, pedestal gaming chairs, rocket gaming chairs, and PC gaming chairs. The version you’ll pick will depend on the kind of gaming you’re doing and the type of comfort you need.
Some choices will sit higher compared to others will be lower to the ground. Make sure to verify them all out, so that you can pick the option that will work best for the type of computer games you’re playing.
Even if you’re playing on a budget, there simply is no excuse to not get and invest on an ergonomic gaming chair, having seen how some of them only cost under a hundred bucks. Sitting in the same position for a very long time can aid you avoid the much higher cost of medical bills and disability awaiting you.
If you have any suggestions, feedbacks, or thoughts about our topic today, please feel free to leave a comment down below!
Table of Contents
- Why Should You Get an Ergonomic Gaming Chair?
- How Is an Ergonomic Gaming Chair Different from Other Chairs?
- Devoko Racing Style Ergonomic Gaming Chair Review 2019
- 1. Devoko Ergonomic Gaming Chair Racing Style Adjustable Height High-Back PC Computer Chair with Headrest and Lumbar Support Executive Office Chair (Red)
- 2. Devoko Racing Style Gaming Chair Height Adjustable Swivel PC Computer Chair with Headrest and Lumbar Support Leather Reclining Executive Office Chair (White)
- Crucial Things to Look for an Ergonomic Gaming Chair
- Who Can Use an Ergonomic Gaming Chair?
- Would You Get Better at Playing Computer Games While Sitting In a Gaming Chair?
- Devoko Racing Style Ergonomic Gaming Chair Buyer’s Guide
- Types of Gaming Chairs