Let’s admit it – laser levels allow us to achieve the best construction accuracy. Whether you’re a professional contractor or simply a DIY enthusiast, it’s important to have the best self-leveling laser line levels in order to perform at your best. Fortunately, there are countless laser levels in the market today. But how do you choose the right self-leveling laser line? Better read on to find out.
Table of Contents
- Things to Consider When Buying Self Leveling Laser Line Levels
- Top 10 Best Self Leveling Laser Line Levels Reviews
- 1. DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
- 2. DEWALT DW089LG 12V MAX 3 X 360 Line Laser
- 3. DEWALT DW089K Self-Leveling 3-Beam Line Laser
- 4. Compact Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser with Clamp
- 5. New PLS180 Red Cross Line Laser Level
- 6. DEWALT DW088LG 12V Cross Line Laser
- 7. Bosch Self Leveling Cross Line Laser
- 8. Bosch Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser
- 9. Bosch 360 Degree Three Plane Leveling Alignment Laser
- 10. DEWALT DW0825LG 12V 5 Spot + Cross Line Laser
- How To Use Laser Levels
Things to Consider When Buying Self Leveling Laser Line Levels
There are several things to consider when choosing a self-leveling laser line level. While there are numerous laser levels out there, some of them are poor quality. It’s crucial to take your time before you decide to get your own self-leveling laser line. To make sure you’re getting the best one, below are some points to keep in mind:
Types of Laser Levels
There are three different types of laser levels: Dot Lasers, Rotary Laser Levels, and Line Laser Levels. Dot Lasers are commonly used for simple indoor tasks, making them an ideal tool for DIY enthusiasts. Line Laser Levels will suit you best if the project you’re handling requires both vertical and horizontal planes. And last but not the least, you want to get a Rotary Laser Level are ideal for complex projects that require accurate measurements at a specific distance.
Laser Beam Range
When it comes to selecting a laser level, make sure to pay attention to the laser level range. The longer the beam range, the better as this will enable you to precisely measure things at a distance, making your work a lot easier and quicker. You want to avoid a laser level that produces a short range of beam as this might only lead to complications.
Laser Color and Brightness
Indoor or outdoor bright light construction projects demand greater visibility and strength of the laser level beams. In a case like this, it would definitely be the best choice to look for a laser level with a green beam instead one with a red beam as they are more brighter and powerful. Furthermore, laser levels with a green beam are also a bit affordable than laser levels with a red beam.
If you’ll be using your laser level for long hours, then get one with a bigger battery life. Thankfully, most laser levels have a decent battery life. Most laser line levels can be used for several hours, allowing you to finish your work easier and faster.
Top 10 Best Self Leveling Laser Line Levels Reviews
1. DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
The DEWALT DW088K produces bright, accurate crossing vertical and horizontal lines that will allow you to measure perfectly with little to no mistakes. It features self-leveling cross lines that works well for layout applications and leveling. Moreover, the product is accurate within ⅛ of an inch at 30 feet.
- Precise and high build quality
- Comes with a decent sturdy plastic case
- It features a magnetic base that allows it to holds steadily in place
- Self-leveling that reduces and eliminates human issues
- It’s quite expensive, but it gets the job done very well so it’s worth the price
- It produces a red laser beam that makes it a bit difficult to see in daylight, but it works well in the dark
2. DEWALT DW089LG 12V MAX 3 X 360 Line Laser
If you want long-range visibility, then don’t hesitate to get the DEWALT DW089LG as soon as possible. This line laser features green laser beam technology and a 12V Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. It comes with an IP65 water and debris resistance rating as well as over-molded housing.
- With a magnetic bracket that enables you to attach it to steel and metal track
- Features locking pendulum that prevents damage to internal components
- Durable over-molded housing and IP65 water and debris resistance
- Visibility range up to 100’
- Does not have a micro adjustment which slows down the alignment, but you just need to have the patience to achieve the best result
- It’s way bulkier than other laser levels, but it’s one of the best self-leveling laser levels out there
3. DEWALT DW089K Self-Leveling 3-Beam Line Laser
Featuring 2x brighter diode and 3 beam line laser, this DEWALT DW09K Line Laser enables you to attain the best visibility and accuracy in bright job site applications. The product is accurate to a ⅛ inch at 30-feet applications. It’s also powered by 4 AA batteries that can last for 30 hours.
- Portable so it fits into your backpack easily
- Much affordable than other laser levels
- Ideal for professional contractors
- Delivers great visibility even in daylight
- The laser is covered in rubber so you might scratch or break it if it accidentally falls down, but you just have to be careful and you’re good to go
- It does not have a locking pendulum, but it’s still an excellent laser level
4. Compact Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser with Clamp
The Compact Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser delivers bright lines, making it ideal for tile alignment and wall studding, doors, windows, etc. It’s accuracy ranges to ¼ inches at a range of 30 feet. This laser level comes with 3 laser-line modes and self-leveling capability.
- Accurate to ¼ inches at 30 feet
- Features adjustable mounting clamp
- Self-leveling capability
- Ideal for wall studding and tile alignment
- The laser isn’t that great in daylight but it works effectively in complete darkness
- It does not have the best one when it comes to quality but it’s a decent affordable laser level
5. New PLS180 Red Cross Line Laser Level
Featuring self-leveling vertical and cross line laser, the New PLS180 offers fast and accurate layout and leveling. This Red Laser Level has a rugged design that can withstand heavy impacts. It also comes with a magnetic wall bracket for stable and easy mounting.
- Durable and sturdy laser level
- Produce bright vertical and horizontal laser lines
- Easy to use and mount
- Lightweight and quick to setup
- It doesn’t come with a lock-off so you may have to carry the unit gently
- Quite pricey than other brands but it’s definitely worth it
6. DEWALT DW088LG 12V Cross Line Laser
Another excellent DEWALT brand is the DW088LG laser level. It has almost everything that makes a perfect laser line level: self-leveling cross vertical and horizontal lines, green beam laser technology, magnetic bracket, over-molded housing, and more.
- Self-leveling cross lines
- Produce bright green beam laser
- Integrated magnetic bracket
- Has a locking pendulum
- It’s a bit expensive but it’s bright and effective
- The laser is quite hard to see outdoors after about 8 feet but you can solve this minor issue by investing in a laser detector
7. Bosch Self Leveling Cross Line Laser
With Bosch Line Laser, you have the power to be more productive and efficient. It features 2 bright laser lines and is provided with a Smart Pendulum System that allows it to self-level to ensure a precise measuring. The Bosch is also compact so moving it or storing it will never be a problem.
- Convenient and portable
- Self-leveling bright cross line lasers
- Features Smart Pendulum System
- Ideal for any task
- This is an entry-level laser level, but it’s durable and great for the price
- The clamping mechanism is not that good but it works well
8. Bosch Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser
The Bosch Cross-Line Laser is one of the most powerful laser levels at the moment. It offers maximum laser visibility up to 50 feet, which is pretty decent. The product is also easy to use and is included with a Smart Pendulum System that ensures a precise measuring.
- Self-leveling feature
- Durable and can withstand dust and rain
- Comes with a Bosch GLL 55’s system that provides security
- Smart, secure, and effective
- It’s not that good for outdoors, but this laser level does a great job indoors
- The quality is average but it’s affordable so don’t expect for more
9. Bosch 360 Degree Three Plane Leveling Alignment Laser
This Bosch 360 Degree isn’t only versatile but precise and convenient as well. With its 360-degree laser planes, Smart Pendulum System, and self-leveling capability, it makes one of the greatest laser levels today.
- Versatile and secure
- Self-leveling and convenient
- Safe and easy to use
- Three 360 degree planes
- The lasers are a little difficult to see during daylight but it works effectively when dark
- It’s not as bright as other brands but it’s a pretty decent laser level
10. DEWALT DW0825LG 12V 5 Spot + Cross Line Laser
The DEWALT DW0825LG is accurate to ⅛ inches at 30 feet. It has a green beam technology that provides the best visibility for the users. It’s also included with a battery indicator and locking pendulum that makes it safe and easy to use.
- Accurate and effective
- Easy and safe to use
- Over-molding housing for protection
- IP65 water and debris resistance
- The durability and reliability is not the best but it’s pretty decent for the price
- Lasers are not that visible during daylight but it performs perfectly at night
While there are many laser levels to choose from, only some of them stand out. If you need some guide when selecting laser levels, then consider the list above.