Salt and pepper are common cooking ingredients, but grinders make it more flavorful and blending to the food. It’s the greatest invention next to sliced bread, as some chefs say. You no longer have to grind pepper manually. It saves you from the hassle and lost time that you could be spent perfecting your concoction.
But before you purchase a grinder, make sure that you check for the following features:
Things to consider when buying Salt and Pepper Grinders
Salt and pepper grinders can be made of metal, glass, plastic, or ceramic. Whatever you prefer, make sure that it suits the kitchen function. Stainless steel grinders last long while glass ones are prone to shattering.
You can choose between manual and electric grinders. Both are useful but each has its own share of downsides. Manual grinders produce salt and pepper in an instant while electric models will take you at least a minute. As for the internal mechanism, opt for steel or ceramic. These two lasts longer than nylon.
The freshness of the produced pepper
All kitchen masters would want their peppers to be fresh. A manual grinder will produce fresher salt and pepper than electric ones. So if you want to skip the buzz kill of your hungry friends, go manual if you like. It all boils down to personal preference.
Grip and ease of use
Since you’ll be twisting and cranking a salt and pepper grinder, it should be very solid to hold. Top-heavy models are champs in the ease of use; however, it’s prone to tipping.
No one wants chunky pepper when they set grinding to fine. The grinder should be consistent on its crushing prowess. Otherwise, you’ll be forced to crush the pepper or salt manually.
Most grinders will have a little salt and pepper spilling from its brim. Choose one with the least overspill. This will save you more condiments and cleaning time.
A grinder should be easy to fill and can hold a pretty decent amount of salt and pepper. If the grinder won’t let you fill it in without having pepper and salt on the floor, it’s not the best bet.
To make it easy for you, here are 10 of the best grinders in the market, both manual and electric.
Top 10 Bestselling Salt and Pepper Grinders to Grace Your Kitchen
1. Gold Armor Premium Salt and Pepper Grinder
With its simplistic glass body and stainless steel top, the grinder from Gold Armor will fit to almost any kitchen. It has a ceramic grinding mechanism and a build that can carry up to 150 ml of spices. Using this, you can grind your salt and pepper from fine to coarse through its adjustable grinder.
- Uses a ceramic grinding mechanism
- 90-day money-back guarantee if something goes wrong
- Effortless to refill, offers a perfect grip
- Comes with a stainless steel matching stand
- Solid and heavy top lid
- A bit small for those who are cooking often
- There’s a learning curve on adjusting the grinder
2. Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder
For those who want to go high-tech, the Latent Epicure grinder will be an interesting purchase. It has adjustable coarseness and an illuminating LED light to prevent over-flavoring. It works using rechargeable batteries where you can grind salt and pepper by pushing a single button. Just make sure that the spice container is connected properly to the main body.
- One-button operation
- Additional LED light for illuminating the food
- Additional mill tray for catching overspills
- Leak-proof salt and pepper grinder
- It won’t work without batteries
- Can be a bit complicated to use for some cooks
3. KIBAGA Elegant Salt and Pepper Grinder
If you want the look of the Gold Armor grinder but with more capacity, the KIBAGA model would be perfect. It can carry 180 ml of spices which its adjustable ceramic rotor will grind. It will produce fresh and consistent ground spices. Lastly, it’s very easy to refill – just remove the rotor lid and you’re good to go.
- 5 levels of coarseness
- A classic design that’s easy to hold
- Larger capacity than the Gold Armor model
- Strong rubber seal to avoid spills
- A classy addition to the table or kitchen top
- The glass and stainless steel materials are a bit thinner than others.
4. Benicci Salt and Pepper Grinder
This Benicci Grinder will add spice to your kitchen through its glass and stainless steel construction. Compared to the previous model, this has a thicker glass shaker. The ceramic rotor on top is durable and excellent as a manual grinder. If the product has defects, you can get your money back within 60 days upon the purchase.
- Thicker glass and steel construction
- Effective and consistent manual grinding
- Elegant stainless steel stand included
- Taller shakers, more capacity
- It comes in a gift package in case you’re buying it as a present
- The shakers could be hard to get in and out of the free stand. Still, it’s a nice bonus.
5. Cole and Mason Derwent Salt and Pepper Grinder
For easy grinding and refilling, the Cole and Mason grinder is designed with user-friendliness in mind. Instead of placing the rotor on top, it’s secured at the bottom. With that, the lid can be removed for fast and easy refilling. The clear acrylic body adds aesthetic value to the grinder. Overall, this is the perfect bargain for quantity and quality.
- -6 coarseness adjustments
- Easy grip and use
- Lifetime grinding mechanism
- Effortless to refill
- Diamond-sharp ceramic grinder
- Aesthetic packaging
- The indicators tend to fade easily
6. Flafster Kitchen Salt & Paper Grinder
For a sleek and classy grinder, the Flafster salt and pepper grinder will never get old. The salt and pepper shakers use battery-powered mechanisms so you no longer have to twist endlessly. Its electric grinder produces fresh spices while preventing spills. Aside from black pepper and Himalayan salt, you can also use this to other spices.
- Heavy-duty ceramic electric grinders
- LED light prevents over flavoring when applying spices
- Works in a single push of a button
- Easy-to-adjust coarseness
- 30-day money-back guarantee if something goes wrong
- It won’t work without batteries
- Not a big issue, but the stand can make use of some refinement
7. Best Cooks Friends Stainless Steel Salt & Pepper Grinder
For those who prefer small shakers, the grinders from Best Cooks Friends are for the money. Its manual ceramic grinding mechanism can be adjusted to meet your desired coarseness. Each shaker can hold ¾ cups of spices that will last for weeks. And if you’re not impressed, the manufacturer will give your money back.
- Simple and easy to use design
- Small enough to fit on small condiment trays
- Easy to grip and use
- It comes in a classy gift box if you’re sending it as a present
- A bit expensive than other options but totally worth the purchase.
8. Tundras Salt & Pepper Grinder
Another small grinder you can choose from is the one from Tundras. It’s roughly 5 inches tall that fits to small kitchen tops. Even if it has a small build, the adjustable grinder makes it easy to dispense fresh spices. This works on almost any spices aside from salt and pepper.
- 100% money-back guarantee if you’re not happy
- Easy to refill and use
- Adjustable coarseness
- Durable and smooth grinding mechanism
- Very affordable than other small options
- The lid could be challenging to remove if you’re in a hurry
- A bit small for large-scale cookers
9. Kitchen Bliss Professional Salt & Pepper Grinder
Nothing beats a premium salt and pepper grinder. Even with a steep price, the Kitchen Bliss shakers are one of the top options. It has a small glass and stainless steel build. The best part here is that each shaker has an airtight lid to keep the spices fresh.
- Premium glass and stainless steel
- Easy to fill and use
- An airtight lid that keeps the spices fresh
- BPA-free plastic and glass
- Comes with a free bamboo spoon for tasting
- Excellent quality as a gift
- Expensive than other grinders but worth it for the quality
- A bit shorter which could be difficult to use for those with big hands
10. Urban Noon Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
What do you get from a pair of ceramic grinders and an electric system? The exquisite Urban Noon shakers. It has a tall construction made from stainless steel which will accentuate your table top. The one-hand design makes it easy to use with a single push of a button. It makes as a perfect gift for any occasion.
- Tall and easy to grip
- Convenient one-hand operation
- Rust-proof ceramic core
- Extended warranty in case you’re not happy with the product
- It comes with a dust cap to catch overspills
- It won’t work without batteries
- It doesn’t hold much but it’s compensated with the fast and easy use
How To Clean your Salt & Pepper Grinder
With the best salt and pepper grinder, you can now cook with precision and confidence. Avoid over flavoring or problematic crushing of spices using mortar and pestle. The options here are guaranteed to revamp your chef skills.
Table of Contents
- Things to consider when buying Salt and Pepper Grinders
- Top 10 Bestselling Salt and Pepper Grinders to Grace Your Kitchen
- 1. Gold Armor Premium Salt and Pepper Grinder
- 2. Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder
- 3. KIBAGA Elegant Salt and Pepper Grinder
- 4. Benicci Salt and Pepper Grinder
- 5. Cole and Mason Derwent Salt and Pepper Grinder
- 6. Flafster Kitchen Salt & Paper Grinder
- 7. Best Cooks Friends Stainless Steel Salt & Pepper Grinder
- 8. Tundras Salt & Pepper Grinder
- 9. Kitchen Bliss Professional Salt & Pepper Grinder
- 10. Urban Noon Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder
- How To Clean your Salt & Pepper Grinder