You may be having problems waking up at the right time for work and may be the all alarm clocks you have used are not loud enough to wake you up or maybe all the ones you have been using do not last long. Usually, what would have been a better alternative is your cellphone. But medically, it is not advisable to sleep with your cellphone very close to you because of the radio waves it works with. This could put you in a dilemma. Fortunately for you, the arrival of the new desk digital alarm clocks has put an end to your dilemma.
There are 10 different models of these desk digital alarm clock and they all have several impressive and irresistible features.
1. [Newest Version] Day Clock – Extra Large Impaired Vision Digital Clock with 4 Alarm Options & Battery Backup
Its 8 inch display screen makes the characters very bold and legible from a distance so you can see exactly what the time is right from your bed. Since the screen is big enough, it does not only display the time but it also displays the day of the week, month and date in full without abbreviating any of the information. It offers 4 alarm options and battery backup in case of unexpected power outage
It can handle up to 3 different daily alarms at the same time unlike other alarm clocks that can only handle 1 alarm. You can choose between white and yellow display options. This product comes with 1-year unlimited warranty.
The only problem with this clock is that its plug is located at the right hand side. This may be okay for those who want to put it on the table. But it is not too good for those who prefer to mount it on the wall. This makes it tilt to one side.
2. Homtime Multi-function Alarm Clock, Indoor Thermometer, Charging Station/Phone Charger with Dual Port USB for iPhone/iPad/iPod/Android Phone and Tablets, Black
Its 3.2 inch screen comes with 4 levels of brightness for enhanced clarity at different times of the day whether in the day or at night. It supports fast charging technology and has a built in surge protector just in case of a sudden power surge. With its snooze option, you can postpone the alarm further to get a little more sleep.
In case of power failure, accidental disconnection of the power cord or inadvertent switching off of the power socket, it accepts AAA battery as a source of power backup. The most distinguishing feature of this clock is its thermostat with which it measures the room temperature and displays it on the front panel.
As good as this product is, it has a little drawback. The PM alarm time is based on Military time and on the AM is based on regular time but its instruction is silent on this.
3. Peakeep Battery Digital Alarm Clock with 2 Alarms, Snooze, Optional Weekday Alarm and Sensor Light (Mint Green)
With its 4.7 inch screen, it displays pretty bold digits. Apart from the time, it also displays the room temperature, date, alarm time and the day of the week. Based on the current setting, when you press LIGHT button in the night, the clock glows for up to 5 seconds for you to see what the time is.
You can set the alarm tone to ascend gradually within 60 seconds with the loudest beep at the last 10 seconds. It also gives you a snooze option if you decide to sleep a little more. When you press the SNOOZE button, the alarm stops but it resumes after 9 minutes.
According to an important review, the alarm may be able to wake up light sleepers but may not be able to wake heavy sleepers. So, the alarm should be a little louder.
4. Travelwey LED Digital Alarm Clock – Large Night Light, Alarm, Snooze, Dimmer, 1.8 Inch Red Digits, Black
This desk digital alarm clock has a bright night light that is bright enough for you to read and see clearly in your room. Its alarm does not stop after some minutes like most alarm clocks. It continues until someone switches it off. This will ensure that you or someone else wakes up to respond to the alarm. It also has a SNOOZE option that suspends the alarm for just 9 minutes.
5. HITO Atomic Bedside Desk Travel Alarm Clock w/ Date, Temp, Week, Auto Night Light- Battery Operated
The most distinguishing feature of this clock is its radio-controlled automatic date and time update with daylight saving time. With its pretty big display screen, it displays the time, date, alarm status, alarm time, temperature and the exact day of the week. Like the other ones, it also has the snooze option with which you can push the alarm a few minutes further.
6. Electrohome Retro Alarm Clock Radio with Motion Activated Night Light and Snooze, Digital AM/FM Radio, Wake-up Light, Dual Alarm, Auto Time Set, Battery Backup, Dimmer, and Temperature Display (CR35W)
Depending on how you see it, it is either an alarm clock with a radio or a radio with an alarm clock. This is because it has inbuilt AM/FM radio that can take up to 20 pre-set stations. Its battery backup allows alarms to go off even there is power failure.
It automatically adjusts itself to daylight saving time without your input. Apart from the time, it displays indoor temperature and daily calendar.
7. ZHPUAT 4.6″ Digital Alarm Clock with Smart Controllable Backlight (Black)
Its additional on-screen information are the month, the date, indoor temperature and alarm setting. It gives you the liberty to select whether you want the 12-hour time display format or 24-hour. Its alarm tone comes out in an ascending manner. It begins softly like a whisper and gradually turns into a loud harsh tone and it never stops until you turn it off or snooze it. It is powered only by AAA batteries.
8. LUOYIMAN Smart Backlit Digital Alarm LED Clocks, Black
This clock has a 5 minute snooze function and a large LCD screen. Apart from the time, it displays the room temperature and alarm time boldly. The little problem with this clock is that the sound quality is a bit harsh. It should be made a little softer at least for the beginning of the alarm.
The desk digital alarm clocks discussed above are sold at reasonable prices. Their functions far outweigh their prices. Any of them is a good value for your money. They all offer big screen and bold digits. No matter how deeply you sleep, they will definitely wake you up. Most of the other kinds of alarm clocks are analog and they can’t handle more than one alarm
Table of Contents
- 1. [Newest Version] Day Clock – Extra Large Impaired Vision Digital Clock with 4 Alarm Options & Battery Backup
- 2. Homtime Multi-function Alarm Clock, Indoor Thermometer, Charging Station/Phone Charger with Dual Port USB for iPhone/iPad/iPod/Android Phone and Tablets, Black
- 3. Peakeep Battery Digital Alarm Clock with 2 Alarms, Snooze, Optional Weekday Alarm and Sensor Light (Mint Green)
- 4. Travelwey LED Digital Alarm Clock – Large Night Light, Alarm, Snooze, Dimmer, 1.8 Inch Red Digits, Black
- 5. HITO Atomic Bedside Desk Travel Alarm Clock w/ Date, Temp, Week, Auto Night Light- Battery Operated
- 6. Electrohome Retro Alarm Clock Radio with Motion Activated Night Light and Snooze, Digital AM/FM Radio, Wake-up Light, Dual Alarm, Auto Time Set, Battery Backup, Dimmer, and Temperature Display (CR35W)
- 7. ZHPUAT 4.6″ Digital Alarm Clock with Smart Controllable Backlight (Black)
- 8. LUOYIMAN Smart Backlit Digital Alarm LED Clocks, Black