Conventional hair products contain chemicals that can dry and irritate the scalp, corrode follicle growth, and mess with natural oil glands. If you’re trying to live a healthy and clean lifestyle, using the best organic shampoo will work wonders on your hair.
Organic shampoos with their all-natural products can gently infuse your hair with ingredients that can address conditions like dandruff and scalp irritation. Fortunately, there are a lot of organic shampoos in the market today.
Are you looking for something that can nourish your hair? Shea butter or argan oil will do wonders for your mane. If you need to moisturize your locks, why not use coconut oil or aloe vera?
So, keep your eyes peeled over the top five best organic shampoos listed below and enjoy a sulfate-free wash and see stunning results afterward.
Top 5 Best Organic Shampoos
Winter Blend Shampoo and Conditioner by Maple Holistics is infused with five mint essential oils with jojoba and argan oil to revive that lackluster hair of yours. It helps reduce itching and flaking that could lead to serious bacterial conditions like dandruff, itching, and inflammation.
For those who have sensitive skin and color-treated locks, the shampoo gently exfoliates hair and scalp without irritating it. The essential oils present in the ingredients of the shampoo regulate sebum production while absorbing excess oil.
The wash is free of parabens, sulfate, silicones, and other chemical-laden ingredients that can affect your health. But it leaves you with fresh, healthy, smooth, and softer hair full of radiance and shine.
This shampoo contains jojoba oil, green tea, aloe vera, peppermint, spearmint, eucalyptus, bergamot, and wild mint.
What’s more, its invigorating mint leaves you cool and refreshed as it promotes blood circulation and hair growth.
- Makes hair smooth and silky after wash
- Mild fragrant scent
- Can last six months or more despite size (depending on use)
- Contains hypoallergenic ingredients
- Free of chemical-laden ingredients
- Shampoo can make hair frizzy at times. You need to use heavy conditioning.
- It’s a small bottle for those with longer locks
The shampoo is formulated to promote hair growth and moisture for healthy, long, and lustrous locks. It contains amino acids, vitamins, and nutrients to prevent hair fall and split ends.
Unlike many regular shampoos that unbalance your hair’s pH, Derma Change’s organic formula helps restore the acid mantle by matching the pH level of the body. The shampoo’s ingredients contain no petroleum, parabens, and sulfate, to which they’re proud to say, it’s organic.
The shampoo’s natural ingredients include aloe vera, cassava root, coconut oil, orange peel oil, and Vitamin B5 that make hair thicker and fuller.
Note also how this shampoo does not strip your hair color but makes it shine further.
- Potent anti-hair loss shampoo and regrowth
- It’s non-comedogenic and perfect for acne-prone breakouts in hairline and neck
- Absorbs oil in hair without drying the scalp
- Soft, smooth, and shiny hair
- Long-lasting use of organic, bottled shampoo
- The odor can be an issue for some people
- Some people reported that it makes their hair dry
The Tea Tree Peppermint shampoo includes therapeutic-quality essential oils for hair care. Its potent ingredient revitalizes malnourished hair and scalp irritation which leads to inflammation, dandruff, and dull hair.
Enhanced with jojoba oil, mint, and rosemary, the formula moisturizes and thickens hair to lustrous health. More so, it has a mild, refreshing aroma sans of any synthetic scents.
The shampoo covers hair of all types and restores their shine and vitality. It has no additive chemicals of its rich fragrance and formula that are known to irritate the scalp.
The product upholds the highest standards when making this formula. It exceeded GMP regulations under the laws of the U.S.A. which much can be said of its quality.
Backed, with a 100% money-guarantee, the shampoo follows full-conformity by authorized outlets. These, to make sure, that all their shampoo products have the same quality of service,
- It serves as an anti-head lice shampoo
- Leaves a cool, minty feeling on the scalp while leaving it clean
- Antiseptic properties of tea tree regulate oil production leaving your head acne-free
- Calms the scalp of irritation and reduces dandruff production
- Color-treats dyed hair to give that shine
- Its rich fragrance after a couple of hours
- Minty feel on the head is a bit mild and fleeting
This vegan formula is environmentally friendly and cruelty-free with no animal testing. It contains nourishing plant extracts that gently conditions your hair with no build-ups. Christina Moss contains essential oils and amino acids that produce, revitalizes silky hair.
What’s more, it’s generally used for all hair types. People with sensitive scalp will benefit greatly from its gentle, conditioning touch as the formula includes no harmful chemicals like parabens, sulfates, and synthetic fragrance.
It’s considered as hypoallergenic and safe for children’s use. While the conditioner contains no tear duct numbing chemicals just keep the product out of kids’ eyes.
Made with organic and all-natural ingredients, the formula comprises of aloe vera extracts, baobab seeds, acai fruit oil, and shea butter. It has natural healing properties that replenish the hydration of the scalp without leaving oil and greasy residue.
The product is guaranteed fresh and prepared regularly for optimum results in the hair. Its consistent quality will boost hair care.
- The product has a nice, mild aroma sweet to smell at
- People with hair problems like vitiligo would need vegan, organic formula
- Reduces dry ends, limp, and oily hair
- Minimizes or zeroes-out scalp breakout
- Leaves hair silky and soft with no residue
- It can be a heavy conditioner to some people
- Some people prefer the old formula of the product
The natural blend of organic ingredients provides nourishment to tangle, frizz, and dull hair – revitalizing it again to life. Moroccan Argan Oil is known to be rich with Vitamin E and collagen to replenish lost nutrients in your scalp and hair.
In addition, the formula improves hair elasticity, moisture, and shine, while supplying natural UV protection. It’s also a free-radical neutralizer to restore lifeless hair from chemically-induced shampoo.
The product lets off a mild, sweet-smelling odor, leaving your hair fresh and scented. Other organic ingredients present in the formula are keratin, proteins, fatty acids, and nutrients for hair growth.
The shampoo and conditioner are effective for all types of hair, which serves as a therapeutic hydrating shampoo formula for hair care.
Moreover, the formula is safe for color-treated hair, wigs, and hair extensions. The product is also environmental-friendly cruelty and SLS-free.
- Almost serves as a keratin-treatment shampoo and conditioner
- Prevents dry and flaky scalp and minimizes dandruff production
- Serves all types of hair, perfect use for fine, wavy, or curly locks
- Does not weigh down hair or leave a residue after wash
- Mild, natural odor which is pleasing to smell at
- The conditioner is great, but the shampoo can leave your hair dry
- Can seem to be too heavy on oily and thinning hair
Benefits of organic shampoos
With organic shampoos, you don’t need to worry about chemical-laden chemicals coated on your hair. All-natural made hair wash are made with essential oils and plant extracts that gently nourished your hair.
There are plenty of benefits when using organic shampoo. Here, we’ve listed them and hope to compel you in advocating natural products.
- Free of chemical ingredients.Many regular shampoos contain synthetic dyes, fragrances, sulfate, parabens, and other derivatives that can harm the hair. These ingredients can cause dry scalp, inflammation, acne breakouts, and split ends. In severe cases, these chemicals can do more damage like cataracts or cancer.
- Make use of all-natural constituents for hair growth. Natural ingredients can gently infuse your scalp and hair with vitamins and nutrients coming from essential oils and extracts. They can address hair issues like irritation, dull hair, and dry hair. What’s great with using organic products is that the nutrients seep directly, with the hair benefitting most of it.
What’s more, with natural shampoos, they make sure that it matches the normal pH balance of the scalp and prevent UV rays from destroying it.
- Vegan, environmental-friendly, and cruelty-free.Organic shampoos are SLS-free and avoid cruelty tests on animals. Many of the materials in the making of the shampoo are biodegradable, which won’t cause any environmental impact, contaminations, or problems.
Organic shampoos answer most hair problems, including:
- Oily and greasy hair
- Hair loss
- Inflamed and itchy scalp
- Dry hair
- Breakage, brittleness, and split ends
Many people experience thinning, vitiligo, and allergy with chemical-induced shampoos. That’s why many of them switch to using the best organic shampoo to meet their hair care needs.
Common ingredients found in organic shampoos;
When buying an all-natural shampoo, you first look at its ingredients. This section highlights the common essential oils and extracts and what they can do with your hair.
Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera is known to hydrate hair because of its moisturizing properties. it can also soothe your scalp from any irritation made by chemical ingredients. What’s more, aloes are known to nourish and promote hair growth as well.
Argan Oil. Argan oil contains Vitamin E that promotes hair growth and hair shine. It moisturizes the hair leaving healthy components to revitalize your scalp and strands. It’s considered as an antioxidant and rids of free radicals sticking in your head.
Coconut oil. Known to moisturize hair, coconut oil is a potent protein provider that adds shine and volume. It also has antibacterial properties that can fight infection which irritates the scalp.
Tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is known to regulate oil production as it is antiseptic. It stimulates hair growth while getting rid of dead skin cells on the scalp. It soothes scalp irritation and prevents dandruff from growing.
Jojoba oil. Jojoba is famous for imitating the body’s own natural oil and pH level, allowing the balancing of excess production. What’s more, it rejuvenates the scalp and hair for that shine.
Mint. Mint is known to leave your scalp cool and refreshed while promoting blood circulation for hair growth. It soothes the head and prevents itching from happening. Thus, reduces dandruff and irritation.
Chamomile. Chamomile is known for its stress-release properties and therefore, soothes the scalp from irritation. It works well for people with light hair because it does lighten dark hair.
Rosemary. Rosemary promotes circulation on the scalp for hair growth. It strengthens the hair and cleans dead skin from the scalp. This ingredient also helps in improving the elasticity of your locks to prevent breakage and brittleness.
Things to look for when buying an organic shampoo:
You need to be wary when looking for the best organic shampoo there is on the market today. Not all of them will work for you, so, you have to double read the labels and see which ones are perfect for your needs.
pH Balancer. Many organic shampoos balance your hair pH levels, unlike commercial shampoos that strip off your hair’s natural acidity. pH balancers can be those shampoos with antioxidants and anti-UV rays will encourage a healthy hair free from radicals.
All types of hair. There are shampoos specializing in one type of hair type, while others tend to care for all types of hair. You need to be careful though – not all organic shampoos with this label can wash all types of hair. It will leave your locks and scalp dry and irritated.
Comes with conditioner. Organic shampoo can make a hair frizz and dry. That’s why an all-natural conditioner can complement that and add extra nutrients to make your hair healthier.
Hair growth and hair loss. Many organic shampoos can combat hair loss and promote hair loss. While hair growth is not an instant process, what the shampoo does is to strengthen the hair’s root. Look for biotin, keratin, and lavender ingredients.
Free of synthetic preservatives and scent. To add aroma and color, many shampoos use preservatives and parabens which can be harmful to the body. It can further cause scalp irritation which leads to breakouts.
The top five best organic shampoos reviewed here are good for treating various hair problems. If you want to switch from using chemical hair wash to all-natural ones, you’ll reap the beneficial nutrients your locks may need.
You get to wash your hair without parabens, sulfate, and harmful chemicals that bring out dryness, oiliness, and irritation. Organic shampoos lather your hair with no harsh ingredients, but rather gently infuse it with vitamins and minerals to stimulate healthy hair growth.
Be sure to consider the choices and tips above!
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best Organic Shampoos
- Benefits of organic shampoos
- Organic shampoos answer most hair problems, including:
- Common ingredients found in organic shampoos;
- Things to look for when buying an organic shampoo: