Pest Control Options For Your Home
There aren’t many things that can make you feel as violated as pests in your home. Are they in the room with you? Were they in your sheets? Next thing you know you start thinking you hear and feel things scurrying around the house. Sound familiar? If you are still reading, then you probably know this exact feeling. Learning to battle these pests with the resources available is a great start. There are many different products to choose from and hopefully you find the best option to fit your needs.
1. Tomcat Mouse Killer III (Kid Resistant Refillable Mouse Bait Station, Bag w/ 8 Bait Blocks)
The Tomcat Mouse Killer III is a very simple to use option.It advertises to be kid resistant and designed for indoor use. This product is also refillable. Rather than having to throw it away after using like many other options, the Tomcat Mouse Killer III allows you to just empty and reload. The most important feature is effectiveness. The Tomcat Mouse Killer III can kill 12 mice per bait block loaded. That adds a big bonus for efficiency.
The Snap-E Mouse Trap is designed resembling the traditional wooden snap trap. A few changes help set the Snap-E Mouse Trap apart from its competitors. Its made of a durable polystyrene and steel. This insure that the trap will last for years and can be reused many times. Unfortunately, while still proving to be simple and sanitary, it should not be used around children or pets and it requires the user to become very hands on with the process.
3. Snap Mouse Traps – 6 pack by Killer Green
The Snap Mouse Trap by Killer Green is a very interesting alternative for traditional snap traps. Rather than using a hair trigger based on motion, the Killer Green Snap Mouse Trap uses pressure. The rodent actually has to be present on the trap for it to be activated. You can also use your own bait with this trap. It can be reused for years and offers a 100% money back Guarantee if you aren’t satisfied.
4. Victor Electronic Rat Trap M240
Viktor has now designed a product called the Victor Electronic Rat Trap M240. This trap is an extremely simple, safe, and economical option. This trap uses C-Cell batteries to produce 8,500 volts to kill rats very quickly and affectively. The rodent is eradicated inside of the trap and a green light will come on when the trap has been activated. Simply pick up the trap and dispose of the contents by tipping the trap. The Victor M240 can also kill 50 rats per set of batteries.
5. D-Con – No View, No Touch Slim Pack Mouse Trap , 2 Count (Pack of 2)
The D-Con No View, No Touch Mouse trap is a great option for someone who needs to eradicate mice but does not feel comfortable with the process. The trap can be set in the desired area by simply twisting the top and leaving it. The mice go inside, the trap is activated and you then dispose of the trap. It is not reusable but it does prove to be quick, easy, and allows the user to be disconnected from the process.
6. Victor Electronic Mouse Trap (Pack of 4)
The Victor Electronic Mouse Trap works by using a battery fed high voltage shock that kills mice quickly. It offers an impressive 100% kill rate. Using beveled columns to hold mice in place, it ensures no escape once entered. The Victor Electronic Mouse Trap runs on 4 AA batteries and allows for 100 mice killed per battery set.
7. Grandpa Gus’s Rat Snap Trap Tunnels – No See Indoor Outdoor For Bait – 2 PK
Grandpa Gus’s Rat Snap Trap Tunnel is just as unique as the name. The design incorporates a few different concepts. The Trap Tunnel is designed to lure rats in. While the tunnel provides a dark escape for rats, it also hides the rapid action kill mechanism. This is a traditional snap trap that is sealed in a hard black plastic cover. This ensures safety for children and pets and allows the trap to be used indoors or outdoors.
8. Mice, Rodent, Cockroach And Rat Repellent Ultrasonic Device – Best Humane Electronic Pest Control For Home
The Electronic Pest Repeller claims to be effective against mice, rodents, cockroaches, and rats. Using an ultrasonic sound waves, it repels unwanted guests without killing. It is suggested that one device goes in each room. This is a one time purchase and never has to be refilled or replaced. There is also a 90-day money back guarantee if your pest problem is not permanently fixed.
9. BRISON Ultrasonic Plug in Device – Electronic Portable Pet Sаfe
BRISON has created a an ultrasonic sound wave device used for indoor pest control. No harmful chemicals or poisons are used with this product making it safe to use in the home. There is zero maintenance and you can protect your home, warehouse, office or any other property from all kinds of pests including not only insects but also rats, bats and more.
10. Livin’ Well Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Plug in – Electronic Indoor Mouse, Rat, Spider, Mice and Rodent Repeller Plug in, LED Pest Repellent Plug in Device
Livin’ Well now offers the Ultrasonic Pest Repeller which uses an upgraded electro magnetic field to protect more space around your home. It features an amber night light with sensor and is 100% chemical free. Sania claims that only one device is needed for the home rather than 1 per room compared to similar products.
Ultimately, you are left with three types of products, snap traps, repellents, and electronic shock traps. Your personal preference plays a large part in which one you choose. If you aren’t very keen on seeing the pest after its been killed, it would be important to choose an option that allows you to disposal of the entire trap or choose a trap that allows disposal without making contact. The D-con No touch no-view is a great option for this but the downside is that it is not reusable.
You could also use the Victor electronic trap or a pest repellent if you are looking to not have to replace it. The SaniaPest Repeller seemed to be a better option for the pest repellers. Only one is needed for an entire home and it does not need to be replaced. Most importantly, whichever option you choose, please be sure to check labels and be aware of variables like pets and children when making a decision.
Table of Contents
- 1. Tomcat Mouse Killer III (Kid Resistant Refillable Mouse Bait Station, Bag w/ 8 Bait Blocks)
- 2. Snap-E Mouse Trap-6 Pack
- 3. Snap Mouse Traps – 6 pack by Killer Green
- 4. Victor Electronic Rat Trap M240
- 5. D-Con – No View, No Touch Slim Pack Mouse Trap , 2 Count (Pack of 2)
- 6. Victor Electronic Mouse Trap (Pack of 4)
- 7. Grandpa Gus’s Rat Snap Trap Tunnels – No See Indoor Outdoor For Bait – 2 PK
- 8. Mice, Rodent, Cockroach And Rat Repellent Ultrasonic Device – Best Humane Electronic Pest Control For Home
- 9. BRISON Ultrasonic Plug in Device – Electronic Portable Pet Sаfe
- 10. Livin’ Well Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Plug in – Electronic Indoor Mouse, Rat, Spider, Mice and Rodent Repeller Plug in, LED Pest Repellent Plug in Device