Pocket bikes might be smaller compared to the Real McCoy, but these bad boys still deliver and provide hours of fun for both adults and older kids.
Mini-Motorcycle?! DOPE or NOPE?
Things to Consider When Buying a Pocket Motorcycle Bike
There are some things you need to keep in mind before a pocket bike purchase. Here are the factors you need to remember when shopping for a quality unit.
- Frame and handlebar durability
A quality pocket bike comes with a frame and handlebars built from quality, durable metal material. The metal made to produce those parts need to be hardwearing, strong and dent-free. This is to ensure that the bike’s primary components will last for a long time and will not succumb to damage easily.
- Consider the maintenance
Pocket bikes, even though they are smaller compared to regular bikes, also require maintenance and care. These bikes are a breeze to take care of, however, if you do not have enough time for an upkeep, then you need to think twice about investing in a model. Checking the state of your bike regularly will help you save up on costly maintenance procedures later on.
- Space to park and ride your bike
Pocket bikes, like any motorized vehicle, require space and a safe, sufficient area where users can practice riding it. Roads that do not have too much traffic are ideal. Also, if you are going to buy a pocket bike, make sure that you get one that fits your location—if you currently live on rough, craggy land, there are pocket bike models with features that allow them to navigate such surfaces.
- Price of a bike model
Pocket bikes come in a nice range of prices—there are affordable ones and high-end models. Look for a model which corresponds with your allotted budget.
- Read adult pocket bike reviews
For more information about the workings of pocket bike models, go for reviews. Reviews contain the essentials you need to make informed decisions. This article’s list contains small but crucial reviews of worthy bikes you need to be familiar with.
10 Best Pocket Motorcycle Bikes for Adults
The Monster Moto MM-E250-PR is a model which is straightforward and a cinch to handle. It is also a unit which won’t take too much effort to assemble and is designed with strong metal materials for tolerating craggy terrain and lots of rides. Riders will also get to check out battery power through indicators placed on handlebars.
- Made with excellent, high-quality reinforced metal
- Includes charger which provides 5-hour full charge
- Easy to assemble
- Can handle rough terrain
- Fast and has plenty of torque
- Includes speed limiter
- Nice beginner bike for kids
- Electronics might get faulty after a number of uses
The MM-B105-RB Classic Mini Bike from Monster Moto is a US-made model—it includes a beefed-up 105 CC, 3.5 HP 4-stroke gas engine. It has automatic, hand-operated, no-shift centrifugal force clutch, adjustable handlebars, durable frame, hand-operated and cable actuated-rear brake, Super Grip tires and more. This is a model which is crafted from steel metal and can tolerate the craggy surfaces.
- Recommended for rugged riding surfaces
- Strong and durable frames/handlebars
- Automatic, heavy-duty model
- Comes with steel rims
- Great design and well-built
- Good engine size
- Hard to start at times
3. Massimo MB200 Supersized 196CC Mini Bike
The Massimo MB200 features a 196CC, 4-stroke air-cooled engine, hydraulic/telescopic front suspension, and a completely automatic clutch transmission. It comes with a 200 lbs. weight capacity, is pretty user-friendly, and was given a classic design. For better safety, the bike comes with a chain guard and an exhaust heat shield. The bike is also pre-assembled, which takes a bit of the hassle of working on the bike. For those gunning for both style and comfort, this model is for you.
- Already pre-assembled
- Fuel tank has a bigger capacity
- Includes chain guard and exhaust heat shield
- Bigger mini bike
- Easy to start
- Powerful and user-friendly at the same time
- Gas bikes are a bit more expensive to run compared to models with electric engines
The MM-B80-BR Classic Gas Mini Bike from Monster Moto is a proudly US-made 80 CC unit which can hold up to 200 pounds of load, includes a 4-stroke engine backed by a 2.5 horsepower OHV and a gas engine. It is an automatic model as well and will not require using centrifugal force clutch. The model also comes with durable frames, adjustable handlebars and is pretty easy to sue.
- Comes with steel ring tires
- Includes hardwearing frames
- Has adjustable handlebars
- Excellent built and quality
- A breeze to work on
- Great overall design
- Does not have sufficient steering radius
- Generates noisy sound when starting
The MX500 Dirt Rocket model from Razor is a motocross unit that has electrical functions. It includes an electrical motor which generates 500-watt power, can operate at 15 mph speeds with up to 175 lbs load, has a geometry-dirt frame, sizable pneumatic tires and sufficient strength to steer craggy surfaces. It has a chain-driven engine as well and quality handlebars for a smoother ride.
- Can go up to 15 mph speeds
- Can tolerate up to 175 lbs load
- Has powerful 500-watt motors
- Includes retractable kickstand
- Easy to assemble
- Great battery life
- Can be used by teens
- Cannot be exposed to temperatures less than 75-degrees F
Monster Moto models are designed and manufactured in the US so you will get quality that lasts. The MM-E1000-BB unit’s frame is crafted from high-quality no-dent metal steel material, has enough power to plod through rough terrain and includes foot pegs which translate to a more comfortable navigation. The model also includes indicators on handlebars for easier access to battery and fuel levels.
- A straightforward, effortless ride
- Comes with durable, no-dent steel frame
- Has a comfy and secure seat
- Excellent model for rugged ground surfaces
- Takes only a couple of hours for a complete charge
- Low-quality customer service
The Gas Pocket Motorcycle from XtremepowerUS gives sufficient power for smooth, continuous rides and has a stylish design which makes it a nice pocket bike not only for rides but for show as well. It comes in a neat range of colors so you can pick a color which suits your personality. The unit is crafted with tube steel frames for strength and stability, has front and rear disk brakes and sizable pneumatic tires.
- Has adequate weight—not too heavy or too light
- Easy to handle and control
- Well-built with great design
- Fuel-efficient model
- Gives a great ride
- Might be a bit small for some
- Chain and brakes need to be tightened before use
- Instruction manual lacks information
8. Coleman Powersports Mini Bike for Adults and Kids (13+)
This mini bike model from Coleman Powersports is a single-rider only unit but nevertheless, this one is still a fun ride. It is a 4-stroke model with an OHV-1 cylinder which can cart loads up to 200 lbs. It comes with an easy to use pull-start plus a rear drum for working on the model’s bike brake system. The unit is also pretty light since it does not include racks.
- Well-built with great design
- Comes with hardwearing metal frame
- Gives smooth, even ride care of low-pressure tires
- Has 6.5 horsepower engine
- Simple to modify
- Has a straightforward pull-start mode
- Comes with incomplete instructions
- Does not come with racks
- Not recommended for children
The MM-B80-MG Muddy Girl model from Monster Moto comes with powerful 80 CC, 4-stroke engine backed by pneumatic tires positioned on steel rims. The model also includes durable steel frames and adjustable handlebars for strength and a smoother, more comfortable ride. It has an automatic start which makes the model a breeze to work on and ride. Recommended unit for navigating hilly, craggy terrain.
- Has sturdy feel
- Gives powerful and fast rides
- Comes with automatic 4-stroke engine
- Includes steel rims
- Has a durable steel frame
- Clutch might stall at times so it requires checking
The 40CC 4-Stroke from XtremepowerUS is a 40 CC model which includes a 4-stroke engine. It comes with EPA-approval and can tolerate up to 42 km or range through 1.2 liters of fuel. It includes pneumatic tires for a smooth and even ride plus front and rear end disk brakes. Can endure up to 165 lbs of weight up to speeds of 18 mph. Made for adult use but also great for teens 13+.
- Can tolerate up to 165 lbs of load
- Has 4-stroke engine
- Can go up to 42 km with 1.2 liters of fuel
- Includes large pneumatic tires
- Easy to assemble
- Includes motor oil
- Excellent design
- Some consumers might not appreciate its size
Pocket bikes are fast becoming one of the most popular pursuits. If you think this awesome unit is for you, then you need to remember those helpful tips mentioned here when shopping for a pocket bike model. Hopefully, you have discovered a fitting model in our list of recommendations.
Table of Contents
- Mini-Motorcycle?! DOPE or NOPE?
- Things to Consider When Buying a Pocket Motorcycle Bike
- 10 Best Pocket Motorcycle Bikes for Adults
- 1. Monster Moto Electric Mini Bike MM-E250-PR
- 3. Massimo MB200 Supersized 196CC Mini Bike
- 4. Monster Moto MM-B80-BR Classic Gas Mini Bike
- 5. Razor MX500 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike
- 6. Monster Moto MM-E1000-BB Electric Mini Bike
- 9. Monster Moto MM-B80-MG Muddy Girl Youth Mini Bike
- 10. XtremepowerUS 40CC 4-Stroke Pocket Motorcycle Ride