Foot pains are no doubt unavoidable, and many people are suffering from this issue. Experiencing mild or severe chronic pain on your feet can be very irritating and stressful, especially if you don’t know the real source of the problem. Fortunately, there are metatarsal pads to save the day.
Metatarsal pads or commonly known as meta pads are made to provide support and comfort to your feet. They help spread your transverse arch as well as allow your forefoot to go back to its proper position.
To put simply, these pads enable you to walk or move with ease and comfort, even when you are suffering from foot conditions. Meta pads are typically used with flat footwear to reduce chronic pain, muscle imbalance, and realign the metatarsal heads.
The good news is there are numerous metatarsal pads out there. Each has a different design and unique features to offer. But the real question is: how do you know which pad would fit your needs best?
Things to Consider When Buying Metatarsal Pads
When it comes to picking a met pads, it’s important to know the things to look for in order to get the right one. Below we have provided some useful tips that might help you choose the best met pad.
Some pads are too thick while others are just moderate. The thickness of a pad can affect the comfort level of the wearer. If you have sensitive feet, look for thin pads as they are commonly softer and more flexible than thick ones. You can also go for thicker pads if you’re into them. After all, this depends on you and your comfort level.
Metatarsal pads come in a different range of prices. The good ones are often expensive but they have the best quality. Don’t hesitate to invest in pricey pads if you can afford too. High-quality pads tend to last longer and get the job done much better compared to affordable pads.
Comfort and support
A good met pad should be comfortable to wear and provide enough support, and these things are important to consider so don’t forget them. Thankfully, most pads are made of soft and flexible silicon gel with great cushioning.
Top 10 Best Metatarsal Pads Reviews
1. Dr. Frederick’s Original 2 Piece Metatarsal Pad
Whether you are biking, walking, or hiking, the Dr. Frederick’s Original Metatarsal Pad allows you to move with ease and comfort. They are easy to wear and these pads are reusable, enabling you to save money and time. In addition, they hold up pretty well so you don’t have to worry about the pads slipping off your feet.
- Very comfortable to wear
- Reusable and easy to clean
- Made of durable materials
- Ideal for biking, walking, running, and hiking
These pads may make your feet moist and sweaty but that’s just a minor issue
It may not work for you if you have wide but they get the job done very well for those with normal width feet
2. Hyjinx Ball of Foot Cushions (Self-Sticking & Re-Usable) Metatarsal Cushions
The Hyjinx Ball of Foot Cushions helps reduce and eliminate foot pain. This metatarsal pad is ideal for people with foot calluses, metatarsalgia, and bunion pain. These pads are also easy to apply and they’re compatible with almost all types of shoes. Moreover, they’re reusable and washable so you can use it over and over again.
- Reusable and long-lasting
- Does not stink
- Perfect for foot pain and other foot conditions
- Easy to use
- The pads don’t stick well if your feet are sweaty but keeping your feet dry before applying it will solve this problem
- These metatarsal pads are a little thick but they are flexible and comfortable
3. Metatarsal Foot Pads for Women & Men Hapad Metatarsal Pads
Comes with an adhesive back, the Metatarsal Foot Pads for Women & Men will stick nicely and not slip once properly placed. It comes with comfortable cushions that are made of wool felt, which delivers relief and comfort. These products are specifically designed to treat metatarsalgia.
- Sticky and stays in place due to adhesive back
- Made of comfortable 100% wool felt
- Treats metatarsalgia and foot pains
- Delivers comfort and support
- The size a bit small but they stick in place and work pretty well
- These pads pricey but they’re definitely worth buying
4. DR JK Ball of Foot Cushions – 2 Pairs Metatarsal Pads
These 2 Pairs of Metatarsal Pads are constructed of soft and flexible medical grade gel. Whether you have a neuroma, foot pains, or metatarsal pain, the DR JK Ball of Foot Cushions is here to solve your irritating foot problems. In addition, it has a white, clear color and is washable so you can use it over and over again.
- Offers comfort and satisfaction
- Made of soft, washable gels
- Relieves foot pains and other foot conditions
- With self-adhesive backing for superb support
- They are not quite durable but using it properly will make it last long
- It may move when you’re running but placing it properly will allow it to hold securely
5. Dr. Jill’s Felt Metatarsal Pads
The Dr. Jill’s Felt Metatarsal Pads can help protect the ball of your foot, enabling you to move with ease and comfort. It comes with an adhesive back that enables it to stay securely in place. These D.r Jill’s Pads delivers good relieve and reduce foot pains.
- Good value for the price
- Features a sticky, adhesive back
- Ideal for those with neuroma and metatarsalgia
- Offers enough support to footwear with thinner soles
- The adhesive is a little strong so make sure to remove it gently
- Some people find it too thick but ordering one size down will solve this minor issue
6. NatraCure Metatarsal Gel Sleeve w/Forefoot Cushion Pad
This NatraCure Metatarsal Gel Sleeve Cushion Pad relieves pain and burning sensation under the metatarsal heads and from calluses. It fits both average and wide feet, making it an ideal pads for everyone. Moreover, they are also durable and flexible, allowing you to use them comfortably.
- Washable and reusable
- Reduces pain from metatarsal and calluses
- Perfect for average and wide feet
- Durable and flexible
- These pads tend to slip down but placing them properly will enable them to hold in place
- The quality is not the best but taking care of it will make it last long
7. Pedag Drop Anatomically Correct Metatarsal Arch Pads
The Pedag Drop Anatomically Correct Metatarsal Arch Pads are effective in treating stinging and burning foot symptoms. These metatarsal pads are ideal for feet with spreading metatarsal arches. Furthermore, it’s made of high-quality vegetable-tanned leather and latex, making it safe and durable.
- Effective in treating metatarsalgia
- Provides great foot support
- Easy to install and remove
- Offers the right combination of cushion and support
- They are costly but these metatarsal pads are worth it
- These pads don’t stick well but they remain in place securely once placed properly
8. Sumifun Gel Metatarsal Forefoot Pads
This Sumifun Gel Metatarsal Forefoot Pad is made of soft, flexible, and hypoallergenic gel silicone that provides comfort and support for your foot. They can effectively relieve your forefoot pain and muscle fatigue, making them an excellent pad for regular walkers.
- Constructed of soft, odor-free, hypoallergenic, and flexible silicon gel
- Useful in treating conditions like neuromas, capsulitis, and sesamoiditis
- Holds in place
- Supports and protects your foot
- This pad squeak but that only happens when it’s not put securely
- They are a bit difficult to wear but you’ll get used to it from time to time
9. Medical Gel Forefoot Shoe Insole Metatarsal Pads
Constructed of soft, durable, and medical grade silicone, these Medical Gel Forefoot Shoe Insole Metatarsal Pads help reduce the pressure on your toes and metatarsal, giving you the superb comfort all day long. This pad provides support by absorbing shock and redistributing pressure to the ball of foot area. Moreover, it’s not too thick, leaving more space for your shoes.
- Perfect for neuromas, calluses, and other foot conditions
- High-quality material
- Gives comfort and support
- Moderate thickness for more room
- It does not have an adhesive but you can put some pressure when putting it to make it stick
- When it comes to quality, they don’t have the best one but they come at a pretty reasonable price so don’t ask for more
10. Ballotte Ball Of Foot Pain Relief Metatarsal Pads
The Ballotte Ball of Foot Pain Relief Pads has a slim, anti-slip design. It absorbs shock and offers great cushioning that delivers natural foot support and comfort. These metatarsal pads are made specifically for those who want to maintain their style while wearing foot pads.
- Shock absorbing metatarsal pads
- Ideal daily wear pads
- Perfect for people who wear heels
- Ensures natural comfort and support for your feet
- They are thick but they’re flexible and soft
- Some people find these pads big but that’s not a major problem
Well, there you have it! Met pads or metatarsal pads can effectively help ease the pain from your feet – that if you know how to properly pick the one that fits all your needs. Feel free to consider the pads provided above if you’re having a difficult time selecting the right product.
How to Place Metatarsal Pads
Table of Contents
- Metatarsalgia Causes
- Things to Consider When Buying Metatarsal Pads
- Top 10 Best Metatarsal Pads Reviews
- 1. Dr. Frederick’s Original 2 Piece Metatarsal Pad
- 2. Hyjinx Ball of Foot Cushions (Self-Sticking & Re-Usable) Metatarsal Cushions
- 3. Metatarsal Foot Pads for Women & Men Hapad Metatarsal Pads
- 4. DR JK Ball of Foot Cushions – 2 Pairs Metatarsal Pads
- 5. Dr. Jill’s Felt Metatarsal Pads
- 6. NatraCure Metatarsal Gel Sleeve w/Forefoot Cushion Pad
- 7. Pedag Drop Anatomically Correct Metatarsal Arch Pads
- 8. Sumifun Gel Metatarsal Forefoot Pads
- 9. Medical Gel Forefoot Shoe Insole Metatarsal Pads
- 10. Ballotte Ball Of Foot Pain Relief Metatarsal Pads