Limited ingredient diet grain free cat foods are quite similar to hypoallergenic cat foods. This type of cat foods is commonly fed to cats with food allergies. If your cat has food allergies, then you want to change your cat’s diet to keep your cat healthy. After all, some cat foods have ingredients that can be harmful to your cat, especially if taken for some time.
Thankfully, there are limited ingredient diet cat foods out there, and there are countless of them in the market. But the question is: how to select the best limited ingredient diet grain free cat food? Here are some points to keep in mind when choosing a food for your lovely kitty.
Things to Consider When Buying Limited Ingredient Diet Cat Foods
There are things to consider when picking a limited ingredient diet grain free cat food. To make sure that you are buying the right one, below are the things you should look for to make it easy for you to get the best limited ingredient food for your cat.
Cats love meat, and that’s a fact we can’t deny. Meats are rich in protein and they are one of the most important parts of your cat’s diet. However, not all cat foods provide enough protein. As protein can help cats digest their food quickly, it’s crucial to look for a limited ingredient cat food that has a rich protein source.
An important factor to consider when picking a limited ingredient grain free cat food is the price. You should not break the bank trying to feed your furry friend. It would be a great idea to take your time and search for the best foods that fit within your budget before you decide to get one.
Some limited ingredient cat foods are quite pricey, while others are affordable. If you want to achieve the best results, then don’t hesitate to spend more as some of the best foods are a bit expensive.
Cats typically have a hard time digesting grains such as corn and wheat. These carbohydrates tend to break down at a slow pace, which can turn to extra glucose. Too much glucose in cat’s body could lead to weight gain as well as diabetes. To avoid this, simply look for a limited ingredient food that does not contain any grains.
While carbs are an essential part of cat’s diet, their bodies can’t break carbohydrates smoothly. Instead of foods with grain-based carbs, go for one with starchy carbohydrates as they tend to break down much quickly and efficiently, allowing your cat to digest much faster.
How Much Should You Feed Your Cat?
Top 10 Best Limited Ingredient Diet Grain Free Cat Food Reviews
1. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Cat Food
The Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Cat Food is made of high-quality duck. It’s also grain-free, allowing your lovely cats to digest their food much easier. This cat food is packed with balanced nutrients that make it an ideal food for adult cats.
- Does not contain artificial preservatives, colors, and flavors
- Promotes shiny coat and healthy skin
- Provides balanced nutrition for adult cats
- Some cats find the smell unpleasant but give it some time and they may get used to it soon
- It’s a bit pricey compared to other food brands but they work pretty great
2. Nature’s Variety Limited Ingredient Diet Dry Cat Food
This Nature’s Variety Cat Food is ideal for cats with food allergies or sensitivities. The product does not contain gluten, dairy, chicken, eggs, fish, beef, potato, and grain, making it safe for your furry friends. Moreover, it has Omega 6 fatty acids and Omega 3 that keeps your cat’s coat shiny and soft.
- Perfect for cats that have food allergies
- Contains ingredients that are easily digestible
- Has a great aroma and taste
- Does contain beef, chicken, grain, gluten, and other harmful ingredients
- Older cats may have a hard time chewing it but it works great for younger cats with strong teeth
- Its taste is not the best but it’s actually very healthy
The BLUE Basics Limited Ingredient Diet Food contains no corn, soy, preservatives, color, and flavor so it’s safe to consume. It’s made of delicious, high-quality duck that your cats will definitely love. The food also contains peas and potatoes that makes it easy for cats to digest it.
- Consists of peas, potatoes, and duck
- With Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that promote soft and shiny coat
- No preservatives, chicken, flavor, corn, and flavor
- Ideal for cats with food sensitivities
- This Blue Basics food is quite expensive but it’s a great, healthy cat food so it’s worth the price
- Some cats don’t love the taste but give them some time and will get used to the taste
4. Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Dry Cat Food
Made with delightful, deboned duck, this Blue Buffalo Wilderness Cat Food keeps your cat healthy and at the same time beautiful. This product is rich in protein and does not contain grains, soy, and artificial flavors and preservatives.
- Grain-free and protein-rich cat food
- Perfect for cats of all ages and needs
- Has Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for a healthy and shiny skin
- Made with delicious, deboned duck that is rich in protein
- Some cats don’t like the flavor but you can always switch to a different Blue Buffalo food
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness cat foods are costly but they are worth it
5. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diets Cat Food
The Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Cat Food is here to keep your kitties happy and healthy. This product is made with high-quality ingredients and it doesn’t have artificial flavors, preservatives, and colors
- Delightful and grain-free
- High-quality ingredients
- No artificial flavorings and colors
- Provide complete, balanced nutrition for adult cats
- Like other great limited ingredient cat foods, this one is a little expensive, but it gets the job done very well
- They come at a small size but you can but you can buy many of them if you can afford
6. Purina Beyond Grain Free Natural Recipe, Adult Dry Cat Food
Your cats will definitely love the Purina as it’s made of real ocean whitefish. It contains no grain and made without corn and soy. It’s rich in protein and other essential nutrients that will keep your beloved cats healthy.
- Made with real fish and poultry
- Grain-free and contains no wheat, corn, and soy
- Best for cats with allergies and sensitive digestive system
- Great food for finicky cats
- These cat foods are smelly but most cats seem to enjoy them
- The pieces are quite big but you can simply crush them into smaller ones
7. Purina ONE Grain-Free Classic Pate Recipe Wet Cat Food
With real turkey as the main ingredient, these Purina cat foods deliver the best nutrient and taste that every cat would love. It does not have any fillers and grains so it’s safe for your cats. The Purina cat food offers complete and balanced nutrition for cats of all ages.
- Made with delicious turkey
- Packed with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients
- Has Omega 6 fatty acids
- Decent cat food all life stages
- It has an unpleasant smell but it’s good for your cats
- This cat food is costly but you won’t regret getting it
8. Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free, Natural Indoor Mature Dry Cat Food
Featuring real, high-quality turkey meat, the Blue Buffalo Basics cat food is a rich source of fiber and protein that can help keep your cats strong and their digestive system healthy. It contains essential carbs and energy that promotes a healthy lifestyle.
- For cats with food sensitivities or allergies
- Great for the price
- Easy to digest
- With natural, healthy ingredients
- Older cats might find it a bit hard to chew this food but you can mix it with water to soften the pieces
- They’re expensive but they work very well
9. Merrick 24 Count Limited Ingredient Diet Real Chicken Recipe Canned Cat Food
The Merrick fits cats with food allergies perfectly. It’s fish and potato-free and contains no grain that allows easier digestibility. These foods are also included with Omega fatty acids that promote healthy fur and skin.
- Ideal for cats with food sensitivities or allergies
- Fish-free and potato-free recipe
- Offer balanced nutrition
- The texture is a bit watery but it’s an excellent cat food
- Has a strong, unpleasant smell but most cats love the taste
10. Taste of the Wild Grain-Free High Protein Real Meat Recipe Premium Dry Cat Food
The Taste of the Wild Grain cat food is rich in fatty acids, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. It’s made with no filler, preservatives, and artificial colors and flavors. Furthermore, this dry cat food is highly digestible, making it ideal for cats with a sensitive digestive system.
- Contains no harmful ingredients
- Great flavor
- Good value for high-quality food
- Not for picky cats
- Pricey but worth it
While there are numerous limited ingredients cat foods to select from, only some are good quality. Still, there’s always one that fits all your needs and satisfaction.
Table of Contents
- Things to Consider When Buying Limited Ingredient Diet Cat Foods
- How Much Should You Feed Your Cat?
- Top 10 Best Limited Ingredient Diet Grain Free Cat Food Reviews
- 1. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Cat Food
- 2. Nature’s Variety Limited Ingredient Diet Dry Cat Food
- 3. BLUE Basics Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Indoor Grain Free Duck & Potato Wet Cat Food
- 4. Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Dry Cat Food
- 5. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diets Cat Food
- 6. Purina Beyond Grain Free Natural Recipe, Adult Dry Cat Food
- 7. Purina ONE Grain-Free Classic Pate Recipe Wet Cat Food
- 8. Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free, Natural Indoor Mature Dry Cat Food
- 9. Merrick 24 Count Limited Ingredient Diet Real Chicken Recipe Canned Cat Food
- 10. Taste of the Wild Grain-Free High Protein Real Meat Recipe Premium Dry Cat Food