LED night lights tend to last longer and consume less power than ordinary lights. This is why most people prefer using LED night lights when sleeping or relaxing at night. These LED lights allow us to rest and sleep with ease, making it ideal for those who are having a hard time sleeping.
However, there are many LED night lights available on the market at the moment. This makes it a bit difficult for people to choose which one fits their needs best. In order to help you figure out which LED light would suit you perfectly, we are going to provide our review of the best LED night lights.
If you’re having a hard time choosing the right night LED light, here are the things to consider when buying one:
Table of Contents
- Things to Consider When Buying LED Night Lights
- Top 10 Best LED Night Lights Reviews
- 1. Sycees SC01 Plug-in LED Night Light
- 2. AMIR Motion Sensor Light
- 3. URPOWER Motion Sensor Closet Light
- 4. Maxxima MLN-16 LED Plug in Night Light
- 5. LED Concepts Pack of 2 Plug-In LED Night Lights
- 6. OxyLED Closet Lights
- 7. Maxxima MLN-10 LED Night Light
- 8. American Red Cross Blackout Buddy the Emergency LED Flashlight
- 9. Maxxima MLN-50 5 LED Night Light
- 10. TK LED Night Light
Things to Consider When Buying LED Night Lights
There are things you should always consider when you decide to get an LED nightlight. To make sure that you’re getting the right one, here we’ll give you some points to keep in mind. Let’s dive right in!
Brightness and color
LED night lights come in different brightness and colors. It is very important to consider the color and brightness of the LED light you choose as these things can affect the effectiveness of the light. Lights with orange or red light often shine the brightest so you want to go for one that produces a bright, red or orange light. You can also get lights with white lights but they are not that bright compared to lights with a red light. The color and brightness you choose are really up to you as some people prefer night lights that are not too bright while others like bright ones.
Some LED night lights provide additional functions like thermometers, sensors, timers, and even musical options. It would be a great option to consider your overall needs before you make a choice and buy one. Some products have a smart light sensor that lights up automatically when it’s too dark, and this is pretty convenient. Others have musical options that allow you to listen to a relaxing tune, giving you a more relaxing good night sleep. Don’t forget to consider your needs when buying an LED night light to avoid overspending on the wrong one.
Portable or cordless LEd night lights are always much better than those with a cord. If the LED light is too far away from you, the light may be too dim, too close it will be very bright. If you have a poor plug socket layout in your room, then consider getting a portable LED night light for the best results.
Top 10 Best LED Night Lights Reviews
1. Sycees SC01 Plug-in LED Night Light
Featuring a built-in smart light sensor, the Sycees SC01 Plug-in LED Night Light lights up automatically when the room is dark enough. It has a compact size that enables you to carry it with little to no effort. While it’s small, it produces a bright light that allows you to easily identify things and see where you are going in the dark.
- Features smart light sensor that lights on when the room is too dark
- Portable size
- Not too dim and not too bright
- Energy efficient
- The sensor is not quite sensitive but it’s a good value for the price
- It’s not as bright as other LED night lights but it gets the job done very well
2. AMIR Motion Sensor Light
The AMIR Motion Sensor Light is powered by 3 AAA batteries. Since it’s battery operated, it’s perfect for areas with no access to electricity. It can produce up to 20 lumens of output and comes with a light sensor and PIR motion that automatically turns on when it detects a motion or when it’s dark.
- Very easy and simple to install
- Features light and motion sensor
- Produce a bright, white light
- Ideal for bathroom, hallway, kitchen, etc.
- It does not have the best quality but it works pretty good considering that it’s cheap
- The magnet is a bit weak but you can superglue it to solve this minor issue
3. URPOWER Motion Sensor Closet Light
Like other LED night lights, the URPOWER comes with a motion and night sensor that enables you to save money and energy. It runs on 3 AAA batteries and it produces bright 20 lumens that can last up to 10,000 hours. Moreover, the product does not require any hard-wiring so it’s very easy to install.
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor
- With night and motion sensor
- Easy to use and install
- Can be used anywhere
- The battery life is not that great but you can always replace them with new ones
- Its light output is not the best and brightest but they work pretty great for a cheap LED night light
4. Maxxima MLN-16 LED Plug in Night Light
Featuring a single LED, the Maxxima MLN-16 LED Plug in Night Light provides enough light that enables you to see things at night with little to no effort. The light isn’t too bright to wake you up and not too dim that makes it hard for you to move in the dark. It automatically turns on only when it’s dark and turns off when it’s too bright, making it energy-efficient.
- Turns on and off automatically
- Perfect for bedrooms
- Provides nice bright output
- The light sensor is not sensitive enough but that’s expected since it’s available at a reasonable price
- When it comes to quality, this one does not have the best but proper care will make it last long
5. LED Concepts Pack of 2 Plug-In LED Night Lights
The LED Concepts helps brighten up your room or your path in the dark. It contains 2 plug-in LED lights that produce a nice, warm glow. Moreover, the product also features sensors that turn on and off depending on the darkness or brightness of an area.
- Automatically turns on and off
- Energy saver
- Easy to install and use
- Has a cool-touch design
- The light is very bright but this makes it great for hallways or stairways
- It does not have an excellent quality but don’t expect more unless you’re willing to spend more
6. OxyLED Closet Lights
This LED night light is one of the brightest night lights on the market. The item has 4 white LEDs that produce a bright 80 lumens output display. It’s also easy to use and powered by 3 AAA batteries.
- Installation is a breeze
- Produce a powerful light
- Eco-friendly and energy-saving
- Bright for the size
- You might need to replace the batteries every 3 to 4 days but that’s normal since it delivers a bright light
- The sensor is quite sensitive but you can always turn it on or off manually
7. Maxxima MLN-10 LED Night Light
If you’re looking for an energy-efficient LED night light, the Maxxima is definitely the one for you. This product provides a nice, comfortable blue glow that lets you have a good sleep at night. It has a small size but it’s bright enough to brighten a room.
- Very affordable
- With a daylight sensor
- Features a rotating head
- Bright LED night light
- The light can be quite bright but this makes them good for hallways
- They don’t last long but they’re cheap so you can always buy a new one
8. American Red Cross Blackout Buddy the Emergency LED Flashlight
The American Red Cross LED light activates automatically in case there’s a power failure. It features an on and off option and can be used as a flashlight. In addition, this light runs on rechargeable batteries that could last for 4 hours.
- Slim and compact design
- Lights up automatically
- Bright enough to illuminate a room or pathway
- Easy installation
- These lights don’t last long but that is expected since they are affordable
- It has a strong smell but it will go away after some time
9. Maxxima MLN-50 5 LED Night Light
Another great Maxxima product is the MLN-50 5 LED night light. The light features 5 bright LEDs that delivers 25 lumens of output. It also features a sensor that allows it to activate or turn on only in darkness.
- Activates automatically when dark enough
- Pretty powerful for its size
- Good for the value
- Elegant design
- It has a bulky design that blocks other outlet but it works well if you have an additional plug
- The light can be too bright but that allows you to see better in dark
10. TK LED Night Light
The TK LED night light produces a soft, bright light that will not disrupt your sleep. It has an attractive design that allows it to stand out from its competitors. Moreover, this light has a photoelectric eye that activates at dusk and turns off at dawn.
- Attractive design
- Offers a soft, bright light
- Good for the price
- Pretty durable
- The sensor is sensitive but that’s not a major problem
- It’s not as bright as other night lights but it’s good value for the price
With LED night lights, we can easily identify things and move around in the dark. If you’re looking for one, then don’t hesitate to consider the listed items above.