Mounting arms are designed to give you more adjustment room with your flat-screen television. They are installed directly onto the wall and feature mounting holes that keep the TV safe and securely held to the bracket.
There are a variety of models on the market, many of which will vary depending on the size of televisions they can support and their weight rating.
1. Mounting Dream MD2380 TV Wall Mount Bracket with Full Motion Dual Articulating Arm for most of 26-55 Inches LED, LCD and Plasma TVs up to VESA 400x400mm and 99 lbs with Tilt, Swivel, and Rotation
The first we’ll take a look at is the Mounting Dream MD2380 TV Wall Mount Bracket. This heavy-duty unit can be used for televisions of up to 99 pages from 26 to 55 inches. Its arm can tilt up five degrees and down 15. Unfortunately, its right and left swiveling action is a little stiff and hard to maneuver.
2. VideoSecu MW380B2 Full Motion Articulating Dual Arms TV Wall Mount Bracket for 37-70 Inch LED, LCD and Plasma HDTV A37
Another model to consider is the VideoSecu MW380B2 Full Motion Articulating Dual Arms TV Wall Mount Bracket, which fits LCD and LED plasma display televisions from 37 inches to 70 inches wide.
It is one of the toughest of all mounts, as it can support up to 165 pounds. One common complaint with this model is the lack of horizontal stability. While this won’t cause your television to fall off of it, it does compromise its position.
3. Mounting Dream MD2296 UL Certified TV Wall Mount Bracket for most 42-70 Inch LED, LCD and OLED Flat Screen TV, with Full Motion Swivel Articulating Arm, up to VESA 600 x 400mm and 100 lbs
If you’re looking for a UL certified television mount, the Mounting Dream MD2296 UL Certified TV Wall Mount Bracket is your choice. It fits televisions that have mounting spots of four by four inches and up to 24 by 16 inches.
Unfortunately, tilting is limited to five degrees up, limiting its adjustment. It also lacks the ability to slide the bracket on the wall in case you want to move the television. However, it does come with a six-foot HDMI cable and a bubble level to make installation easier.
4. ECHOGEAR Full Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket for most 37-70 inch LED, LCD, OLED and Plasma Flat Screen TVs w/ VESA patterns up to 600 x 400 – 16″ Extension – EGLF1-BK
For a tough and sturdy model, check out the ECHOGEAR Full Motion Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket. It is rated at 132 pounds, meaning you won’t have to worry too much about bracket failure. If there is a problem with this bracket its stud positioning. Even an inaccurate installation of an eighth of an inch can make it impossible to mount.
5. VideoSecu ML531BE TV Wall Mount for most 22″-55″ LED LCD Plasma Flat Screen Monitor up to 88 lb VESA 400×400 with Full Motion Swivel Articulating 20 in Extension Arm, HDMI Cable & Bubble Level WP5
Avoiding difficult mounting is easy with the VideoSecu ML531BE TV Wall Mount. This model is compatible with VESA mounting hole patterns that range from four by four inches to up to 16 by 16 inches. Level adjustment is included with each bracket, making it easy to fix your television at the best angle.
One small oversight with this model is the lack of zip line holes near the cables: this would have made it easier to store and position excessive cables.
6. Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B TV Wall Mount for 20-75-Inch TVs Bundle with 10-feet Braided HDMI Cable and a 6-Inch 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble
Any item with a 100 percent lifetime guarantee is worth investigating, which is what makes the Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B TV Wall Mount so interesting. Beyond its warranty is its pull tab safety lock that helps keep your TV safely secured.
Many users have complained about the confusing instructions and difficult construction of this model. It takes an average of 15-30 minutes to build most mounts, but this one takes up to an hour.
7. Articulating Arm 32-50 inch TV LCD Monitor Wall Mount, Full Motion Tilt Swivel for 32″ 36″ 37″ 40″ 42″ 46″ 50″ LED TV Flat Panel Screen with VESA 400x400mm
The six-arm design of the Articulating Arm 32-50 inch TV LCD Monitor Wall Mount makes it an attractive option. It can easily swivel, tilt, pan, and even extend from the wall. However, it is one of the lowest weight-rated mounts (just 66 pounds) and is not capable of corner mounting.
8. VideoSecu Low Profile TV Wall Mount Bracket for Most 32″ – 75″ LCD LED Plasma HDTV, Compatible with Sony Bravia Samsung LG Haier Panasonic Vizio Sharp AQUOS Westinghouse Pioneer ProScan Toshiba 1NN
The VideoSecu Low Profile TV Wall Mount Bracket will fit most LCD and LED plasma HDTV flat-screen televisions. Built out of heavy-duty steel, it can support up to 165 pounds, making it one of the toughest on the market.
Unfortunately, it does suffer from mounting problems, including difficulty finding two studs and lacks the adaptability of other models. While it can slide back and forth, it lacks the arm movement of other models.
9. VideoSecu TV Wall Mount Articulating Arm Tilt Swivel Bracket for most 15-27″ TV Monitor Display VESA 100X100 75X75 up to 33LBS ML15B A28
One the other side of bracket world is the VideoSecu TV Wall Mount Articulating Arm Tilt Swivel Bracket. Inexpensive and easy to mount, it is somewhat limited in use because it can only hold up to 33 pounds with televisions from 15 to 24 inches in size.
Thankfully, it includes a slide-in installation method that makes it easy to mount and features nearly limitless adjustment. With a tilt of 20 degrees and an extension range of 14 inches, this is an adaptable little mount.
10. Yes4All Heavy-duty TV Wall Mount Bracket for 30 32 36 40 42 46 50 55 60” Plasma, LED, LCD TV, and PLASMA TV. 15 degree downward tilt, Support 120 lbs – Special Promotion. 600×430 mm VESA compliant – ²TZAUZ
The nearly universal design of the Yes4All Heavy-duty TV Wall Mount Bracket makes it compatible with multiple VESA-patterned televisions. Each model comes with a 10-foot HDMI cable and 15-degree downward-tilt capacity.
Mounting hardware is included with this model, though some users have complained that this hardware is either weak or inaccurate. This might require you to purchase your own installation equipment, just to be safe.
Television mounts like this are a great way to make your home more stylish. For those who want an adaptable model capable of a multiple positions, the Articulating Arm 32-50 inch TV LCD Monitor Wall Mount is their best bet.