Dealing with a power outage or emergency situations will be as easy as a piece of cake with the help of inverter generators. These things give us the freedom, flexibility, and independence anywhere we go. Whether you’re out to camp with your buddies or you are experiencing a blackout, a reliable inverter generator makes a reliable and efficient source of power.
However, there’s a catch: you might find picking the best inverter generator a bit hard since there are too numerous of them in the market. So how do you determine the best inverter generator you say? Here are the things to remember when looking for one.
What Is An Inverter Generator?
Things to look for when buying inverter generators
When it comes to purchasing an inverter generator, keep in mind that there are several things you must consider. To ensure that you’re buying the right one, we’ll give you the things to look for below.
The quieter the inverter generator, the better. You want to go for a generator that isn’t only powerful but quiet as well, especially if you will be using it during the night when all your loved ones and neighbors are sleeping.
Most inverter generators are very efficient and produce fewer emissions so you shouldn’t have a hard time looking for an efficient product. This is one of the most important things to consider if you’re planning to get an inverter generator to save money.
Inverter generators commonly come with either a wheel, handle, or both, enabling us to bring them conveniently and easily anywhere we go. If you can find a generator that has both wheels and handle, don’t hesitate to buy it immediately. It’s best to go for a product that is small and compact, particularly if you will use it outdoors regularly or you will need to carry it around.
Top 10 Best Inverter Generators
1. Champion 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
Featuring an innovative design and lightweight power, the Champion 2000-Watt Stackable Portable Inverter Generator can run for up to 9.5 hours. Although very powerful, this generator is quiet – it only has a 53 dBA noise level. It comes with a carry handle that enables users to conveniently carry and move it from one place to another.
- Innovative design that doubles your output
- Lightweight and portable
- Very quiet
- Ideal for indoors and outdoors
- It’s quite pricey but it’s definitely worth buying
- Some people find it a bit loud but the noise is pretty bearable
2. Westinghouse iGen2500 Portable Inverter Generator
The Westinghouse Portable Inverter Generator only weighs 48 lbs, allowing you to carry it easily and quickly. It is an ideal emergency backup in case there’s a power outage. The generator is strong enough to power up almost all your home essentials.
- Extremely quiet
- Can run up to 10 hours
- Features LED display that makes it easy to use
- Has an efficiency mode that delivers the superb fuel efficiency
- You have to reset the generator every time you start it but it’s easy and quick to start so this isn’t really a major problem
- It’s not the best when it comes to quality but it works pretty well for an affordable inverter generator
3. Webetop 155Wh 42000mAh Portable Generator Inverter
With a huge power capacity of 42000mAh, the Webetop Portable Generator Inverter one of the most powerful inverter generators in the market today. It features DC and USB ports that enable you to power up almost all your electronic devices. Moreover, it’s also easy to charge – you can recharge it either by car, wall outlet, or direct sun.
- With bright LED flashlight that can run up to 125 hours
- Features BMS that helps improve battery and keeps you and loved ones safe
- Has a compact and portable design
- Perfect emergency indoor and outdoor power backup
- This inverter is not strong enough to run a heater but it works perfectly in terms of powering up small electronic devices
- Charging it may take some time but that’s normal considering that it has a big battery capacity
4. WEN 56200i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
The WEN 56200i Portable Inverter Generator is ideal for power outages and construction sites. It is quiet and produces enough power to charge and power up your electronics such as televisions, smartphones, laptops, etc. Moreover, this generator comes with a handle, making it effortless to carry and move around.
- Quieter than most air conditioners
- Produces clean and efficient power
- Perfect for outdoor activities like camping, hunting, and tailgating
- Lightweight and efficient design
- You may have to pull it 3 to 4 times to start but don’t you worry because that’s just normal
- This generator has an average quality but that’s expected since it comes at a reasonable price
5. Champion 3100-Watt RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator
Comes with a smart economy mode, the Champion 3100-Watt RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator provides quieter operation, excellent fuel economy, and even minimize electrical load. It delivers clean power that suits sensitive electronics perfectly. In addition, this product has a run time of up to 8 hours, making it perfect for everyday use.
- With built-in convenient carrying handles
- Ultra quiet
- Quick touch panel for convenience
- Features smart economy mode
- It consumes gas quickly but that is expected since it’s a pretty powerful inverter generator
- Some individuals find the generator a little noisy but you’ll get used to it from time to time
6. Briggs & Stratton 30545 P3000 Inverter Generator
The Briggs & Stratton Inverter Generator is included with a 1.5-gallon fuel tank that allows it to run for up to 10 hours on a full tank. It features multiple USB ports and DC outlets, making it an excellent indoor and outdoor tool. It offers clean power that will keep your electronics running when there’s a power outage.
- Powerful and lightweight
- With an LCD display that shows you the important stats
- Included with DC outlets and USB ports
- Handle and wheels for easy transportation
- It’s not as quiet as other inverter generators but the noise is tolerable
- This generator it expensive but it does a really great job so it’s worth it
7. Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
Operating at only 48 to 57 dBA, the Honda is not only powerful but remarkably quiet as well. It suits a broad range of appliances, making it ideal for indoor use. In addition, the EU2200i has good fuel efficiency due to its Eco-Throttle System.
- Runs up to 9.6 hours maximum
- Eco-Throttle System that offers superb fuel efficiency
- Perfect for long-time use
- It’s costly but it gets the job done very well
- This Honda generator is a bit heavy but you can always ask for a help if you find it a bit difficult to carry
8. Pulsar 2,000W Portable Gas-Powered Quiet Inverter Generator
This Pulsar Inverter Generator is capable of running up to 6 hours at half load. It’s light and has a compact design – weighing only 47 lbs, you’ll be able to conveniently bring it with you wherever you go. It’s provided with multiple USB, DC, and AC ports that allow you to power up multiple electronic devices at the same time.
- Compact and lightweight
- Performs quietly
- Runs up to 6 hours
- Safe and easy to use
- It does not have a manual but it’s easy to operate
- The power capacity isn’t that great but it works great for its value
9. Sportsman 1000 Watt Inverter Generator
The Sportsman Inverter Generator allows you to charge your electronics safely with its reliable power and stable voltage. With 0.55 fuel tank capacity, this inverter generator can perform for up to 6.3 hours, which is enough for daily use.
- Safe for sensitive electronics
- Reasonably priced
- Starts quickly and easily
- Small and portable
- It does not work that well in big projects but it’s the one you need when it comes to small jobs
- The inverter generator is small but it’s powerful
10. COOLIS Inverter Generator
COOLIS Inverter Generators are included with a bright LED light with strobe and SOS lighting option that makes it a decent outdoor emergency tool. It features a BMS system that protects it from overcharging, short-circuiting, and other things that can damage it.
- BMS Protection
- Solar rechargeable
- Has an emergency bright LED light
- Powers almost all small electronics
- It doesn’t have a huge power capacity but charging it is fast and easy
- In terms of quality, these inverter generators don’t have the best but they’re great for the price
Portable inverter generators enable us to conveniently carry a power backup anywhere. They are no doubt something we need to have since we don’t know when we might need it. However, picking the best one might be very time-consuming and hard since there are numerous to choose from. That’s where our reviews above can help you. Consider these inverter generators as a guide to make it easier for you to pick the right inverter generator that fits you best.
Table of Contents
- What Is An Inverter Generator?
- Things to look for when buying inverter generators
- Top 10 Best Inverter Generators
- 1. Champion 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- 2. Westinghouse iGen2500 Portable Inverter Generator
- 3. Webetop 155Wh 42000mAh Portable Generator Inverter
- 4. WEN 56200i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- 5. Champion 3100-Watt RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator
- 6. Briggs & Stratton 30545 P3000 Inverter Generator
- 7. Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- 8. Pulsar 2,000W Portable Gas-Powered Quiet Inverter Generator
- 9. Sportsman 1000 Watt Inverter Generator
- 10. COOLIS Inverter Generator