In this product review, we examined five of the best-selling home depot kitchen faucets.
For a quick and easy upgrade in a house’s most popular room, nothing makes a bigger impact with less sweat and expense than replacing an out-dated faucet.
That’s why, when it comes to taking care of business in the kitchen, you need a faucet that’s built to handle everything you throw at it.
Though there are hundreds of different styles, colors, and shapes of faucets, the working mechanisms of nearly all can be grouped into four main types: cartridge, compression, ball, and disc. These names refer to the parts that actually control the flow of water through a faucet. The type of valve you choose will make a difference in a faucet’s price, how well it works, and how long it will last.
Table of Contents
- The 5 Best Home Depot Kitchen Faucets
- Best Home Depot Kitchen Faucets
- 1. Delta Faucet Leland Single-Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet
- 2. Moen Arbor Motionsense Wave Sensor Touchless One-Handle High Arc Pulldown Kitchen Faucet
- 3. WEWE Single Handle High Arc Brushed Nickel Pull out Kitchen Faucet
- 4. Kraus KPF-1650SS Modern Nola Single Lever Commercial Style Kitchen Faucet
- 5. Friho Lead-Free Commercial Brushed Nickel Stainless Steel Single Handle Single Lever Pull Out Pull Down Sprayer Spring Kitchen Sink Faucet
- Home Depot Kitchen Faucets Buying Guide
The 5 Best Home Depot Kitchen Faucets
If you happen to be a lazy reader, then you must know that Delta Faucet Leland Single-Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet is our best pick because of the following reasons that we gather from verified users:
Well-built design and construction. Upon getting it out of the box, most likely you’ll be surprised with its weight. According to the majority of users, it easily weighs 3 times than what the less expensive kitchen faucets weighed.
It is so easy and quick to install thanks to the detailed yet very easy to understand instructions along with the box. It is designed to fit a single-hole, or 3-hole, 8 inches configurations. Again, everything you need can be found in one box, including an optional deck plate for 3-hole installation as well as InnoFlex PEX supply lines that are built into the faucet for one less leak point. In fact, a testimony from one of the verified user stated that he even took his time and was still had it in and running within 30 minutes only!
It has good control with the lever. A verified user stated that he took a bit in order to get used to having a lever that moves back and forth instead of left and right but with Delta’s lever he was able to get the hang of it within just a single day.
One of the prominent features of Delta Faucet is the magnet on its goose-neck that keeps a sturdy link when the hose is pulled.
Delta Faucet is so easy to clean because of its Touch-Clean spray holes that allow users to easily wipe away accumulated calcium and lime with just a touch of fingers.
With its powerful spray – the ShieldSpray Technology it can cut through stubborn messes with a powerful stream of water inside a protective sphere that has the splatter, all designed so the user can spend less time soaking and scrubbing with an average of 90% less splatter instead of a standard spray.
Well, that concludes the introduction of our top pick. Now let’s go and examine the best 5 home depot kitchen faucets that fit your needs:
Best Home Depot Kitchen Faucets
1. Delta Faucet Leland Single-Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet
Before proceeding to what the users have to say about this product, let’s have a summary of what Delta Faucet has to offer:
- According to the manufacturer, Delta Faucet lasts 2x longer since it is incorporated with Diamond Seal Technology which reduces leak points and lasts twice as long as the industry standard (i.e. based on ASME A112.18.1 of 500,000 cycles), thus ensuring a leak-free operation for the life of the kitchen.
- Moreover, Delta Faucet offers a magnetic docking, on which it uses a strong magnet to snap your kitchen sprayer into place so it stays still and doesn’t droop over time compare to other kitchen faucets.
- Speaking of spray from the previous bullet, Delta Faucet is designed with ShieldSpray Technology that cuts through stubborn messes by utilizing a powerful stream of water inside a protective sphere that has the splatter to minimize soaking and scrubbing with an average of 90% less splatter than a standard spray.
- Delta Faucet is quick and easy to install because it is designed to fit single-hole or 3-hole, 8 inches configurations. In short, everything you need is together in one box; including an optional deck plate for 3-hole installation and InnoFlex PEX supply lines that are built into the faucet for one less leak point.
- And lastly, Delta Faucet is relatively easy to clean because of it is integrated with a Touch-Clean spray holes that allows user to easily wipe away lime and calcium build-up by simply a touch of a finger. In addition, SpotShield finish resists water spots and fingerprints.
What Users Have to Say About Delta Faucet:
- Most of the users highly recommend Delta Faucet for its function and beauty. Moreover, what most users noted about this product is that all parts in the box were completely present including the easy-to-follow manual for installation, and thus it was so simple to install as long as you have a bit of plumbing knowledge.
- In addition, a reviewer also specifically mentions that Delta Faucet feels solid, and the spray handle is nice since it is detachable with a magnet to clean around your sink. He even stated how really surprised he is at how nice the faucet is.
- Some users stated that their favourite feature is one that other don’t like. And that is the faucet doesn’t automatically return to stream mode when it is turned off then back on. They also add that they actually liked the extra height of the faucet since they don’t need to manipulate the larger pan under the faucet. It was tall enough to make that operation easy. In addition to that, the arm of the faucet swivels easily.
- Overall most buyers and reviewers love this faucet, stating that this faucet is awesome for various reasons such as the spray feature works well at any level of pressure, and doesn’t splatters all over the counters. They are also very particular about the nozzle which magnetically clicks firmly into the neck. Another thing why most of the users like this product is because the switch between spray and stream actually stays put and doesn’t migrate slightly between the two. They also love the motion of the handle that provides smooth and sturdy action.
- However some users stated that even though it really is a nice looking fixture, and would certainly complement a kitchen with stainless appliances, etc. they noted that though the hub and spout arm seem to be metal, the rest seems to be plastic. They added that Arctic Stainless is actually a color, and not a descriptor for stainless steel.
2. Moen Arbor Motionsense Wave Sensor Touchless One-Handle High Arc Pulldown Kitchen Faucet
- Moen Arbor Motionsense Kitchen Faucet features a single-sensor touchless activation, allowing users to easily turn water on and/or off by simply waving a hand, hence the name; though flow is limited to 1.5 gpm 192.74 fluid oz. per minute at 60 psi.
- This awesome kitchen faucet also features Power Clean Spray Technology that provides 50% more spray power compared to most of the manufacturers pull-down and pull-out faucets without the Power Clean Technology.
- Moen Arbor Motionsense kitchen faucet is also incorporated with the Reflex system for smooth operation, easy movement, and secure docking of the spray head.
- And of course, this item won’t be on our top 5 picks if it isn’t easy to install, and has flexible deisgn. It features Duralock quick connect system for easy installation. In addition, it is designed to be installed through 1 or 3 holes, along with escutcheon.
What Users Have to Say About Moen Kitchen Faucet:
1) Moen faucet gives you 3 ways to turn on and off the water. The conventional approach is of course by the use of handle. That’s why if your batteries die or you lose power, you may have access to your water. Moreover, there’s a sensor on the top of the arch and one that is on the main body located just above the handle. A user noted that he uses the top of the arc sensor when filling a pot with water or need the water to be running for some time. Some users also added that the sensor above the handle is used for a quick splash to wash users’ hand. Thus, the water will keep running because of this sensor. However, users stated that prospects should be aware that they might trigger flow when reaching across the sink.
2) Most users find Moen to be beautiful! They even noted that prospects mustn’t go by the tint on the featured image of the product since it’s a genuinely stainless steel color. On the other hand, in terms of installation, users mentioned that there are lots of excellent installation videos that hold your hand through the whole thing if you want to DIY. In fact, one user liked that he can turn off the sensors too. But at first, he was reluctant to get one with motionsense in the front since he didn’t want it accidentally being triggered. He testify that the front sensor is really sensitive, and thus he deactivated it. Now, he’s using the top sensor if his hands are full. On the other hand, it’s quite easy to reactivate sensors if users want too. By simply holding your hands in front of them for about 5-10 seconds you can do the task.
3) According to some verified users, the guts of Moen faucet is the batter powered flow control module which you integrate somewhere on the back or side of the sink cabinet. Moreover, the hot and cold mix as well as the on and off low rate are all done by this module. The handle on Moen faucet only sends an electronic signal to this module. And most users found it to be elegant. On the other hand, if you have plumbing issues such as a faucet a drip, what you want to do is simply replace the module which is most likely easier than tearing the faucet apart.
4) Users also observed that module comes with a battery power pack with an option to order a plug-in 120V power supply. Therefore, the faucet won’t operate without power. For some, the battery power supply is a better pick since the faucet can still operate even if your house loses power if ever a storm occurs.
5) Another observation is that the water hose that runs to the faucet head has a marker tape where the weights is supposed to go. A verified user mentioned that their sink is large and the faucet head would not reach the edges of the sink with the weight at the recommended location of Moen faucet. Thus he moved the weight further down the hose, getting excellent results.
6) A verified user was generous enough to give pros of Moen kitchen faucet based on his experience. They are the following:
- Upon using motionsense, he found it working really well. Not having to use dirty hands on the faucet is very helpful according to him.
- He compared Moen to Pfister, and stated that Moen is the better faucet. In addition to Pfister he compared Moen to Delta on which Moen wins his favour because the spray head on the Moen is better, particularly the spray patterns is better and the faucet automatically switches back to stream when turned off, on which he found it very helpful.
- This user also stated that installation is also rather easy because you don’t have to run the cold and hot water lines up to the faucet as they go the flow control module.
However, the verified user above also gave his cons to Moen, and stated that:
- The water-flow is less than the non-motionsense version. He estimated it to be around 2/3 feet of the non-motionsense version. But then again, they still definitely prefer the motionsense version.
- He also added that the faucet will activate when not intended if your hands pass close the lower sensor, though just occasionally. The good thing is he reassured prospect users that this function of the sensor can be turned off if desired.
3. WEWE Single Handle High Arc Brushed Nickel Pull out Kitchen Faucet
Summary of what WEWE Kitchen Faucet has to offer:
- WEWE kitchen faucet provides sleek design which make your kitchen room simple and fresh, and easy to match most style of sinks.
- It has multifunctional outlet water effect – Pause, Spray, and Stream settings. The pause is for preventing splashing in multitask mode. The spray is for rinsing, and lastly stream is for filling water.
- Since WEWE faucet is included in our top 5 kitchen faucets, it should be easy to install. Simply pull down hose and water line hose altogether, pre-installed in your kitchen to save much time under the sink. You don’t really need a plumber, and in fact you can finish its DIY installation I nless than 30 minutes.
- WEWE faucet is relatively easy to operate due to its single handle design intergrate to control water temperature as well as the flow volume. The high arc 360 degree swivel spout supplies full range washing access, and its updated mechanical retraction system makes pull down sprayer head always sit into its original place after use.
- One good thing about WEWE faucet is its easy maintenance. It has superior corrosion and rust-resistant finish that precludes dirt from accumulating to the faucet’s surface. Simply clean it by a piece of cloth and it will always be good to go.
What Users Have to Say About WEWE Kitchen Faucet:
1) Based on the statement of a verified user, he stated that WEWE is easy to install. He also added that he found a liking to the large plastic hand grip style mounted to the sink, as well as the nut style that needs a basin wrench to install.
2) WEWE kitchen faucet is surprisingly heavy and has high quality stainless steel. In fact, a user mentioned that if for the price only, you’d swear something must be reeling, cheap metal, poor quality designed, just something. But no, according to him, it’s a high-quality faucet that’s really cheap. He supplemented his statement that if this was just $100 more, he’d still purchase it and would be happy with his decision. This is too good of a deal to pass up according to him.
3) For its color, the images showed on the page is more like of a brushed stainless steel grey color but it’s actually made from brushed nickel according to a verified user. But he wasn’t able to find any reviews mentioning this factor, so he posed the question and actually received great replies assuring him that it doesn’t have the brownish color, and would work great with stainless steel appliances.
4) WEWE is a solid quality product. Its design with the pull down and spray feature is great. Most users believe that it’s a great choice, and highly recommend this product especially if you want to save a bit of money.
5) However, regardless of good feedback, a few reviews mentioned that the pull down doesn’t retract and snap back into place properly, and gets left dangling. Nevertheless, the issue is actually an installation error. There is a weight that only needs to be adjusted, and the faucet might works perfectly all the way.
4. Kraus KPF-1650SS Modern Nola Single Lever Commercial Style Kitchen Faucet
Summary of what Kraus KPF-1650SS Kitchen Faucet has to offer:
- Kraus KPF-1650SS is designed with high performance/low flow aerator that is easy to clean, thus reducing water waste without really sacrificing pressure. Its rubber nozzles is also very easy to clean to prevent accumulation of hard-water.
- It features dual-function spray and stream sprayer with 360 degree swivel for complete sink access. The dual-function sprayer also switches between aerated stream and powerful spray with the push of a button.
- It has splash-free single lever flow control for maximum durability. The all-metal lever handle is designed for precise splash-free temperature and flow control.
- Kraus KPF-1650SS is integrated with magnetic docking that makes the Nola Commercial Style faucet a breeze to use.
- Kraus KPF-1650SS kitchen faucet has an all-metal body and handles to supplement durability. Moreover, it is available in stainless steel and chrome finishes.
- In addition to those features, Kraus KPF-1650SS has the quality you can trust since it combines precision engineering with premium materials and components, the Nola Commercial Style Faucet that offers durable functionality and long-lasting performance.
What Users Have to Say About Kraus KPF-1650SS Kitchen Faucet:
1) According to a verified user, upon installing Kraus KPF-1650SS, the major difficulty was removing the his old faucet, which did have a pull-out sprayer. The reason is that in the Kraus, there’s no hose going back down under the sink, and the faucet, and thus the installation is much simpler. He added that you just need to tighten the faucet into the sink and then incorporate the supply lines, that are very great SS braided lines. He choose to put the handle on the left rather than the right since he have a filtered water faucet on the right.
2) The handle movements are very smooth. Cold is in the up position and hot is back, and by doing it this way, it keeps the handle out of the sink area. And since the faucet can spin for 360 degrees, prospect users can install the handle in any orientation. A user also added that once it was installed, uses will be surprised at how large it would appear but the nozzle is exactly over the sink’s drain when it’s straight out. Moreover, the water sprays straight down into the drain.
3) Kraus KPF-1650SS handle swivels very easily side to side and it’s very easy to grab the nozzle and spray out the sink and dishes, or just fill something at the edge of the sink. In fact, the ease of use of the Kraus’s nozzle with its magnetic catch is its best feature. According to a verified user, the switch on the nozzle that turn on the sprayer flips a bit too easily.
4) Kraus KPF-1650SS spray patter is nice and tight and has parallel streams that make it easy to accurately rinse build ups. This faucet has solid copper stub pipes that comes out the bottom, and comes with good, long, and stainless braided connection hoses. Compare to any other Kraus’s faucets that have the twist-lock quick connector, Kraus KPF-1650SS has a conventional screw-on brass ring that you tighten from below. In fact, a verified user actually tried another Kraus faucet that had the quick connector, and he didn’t like it. The faucet never tightened up at all, and the quick connector only supplemented the faucet on two tightening pads and not the entire ring around it like this faucet.
5) Another review by a verified user stated that this faucet is an excellent kitchen faucet because it feels nice to operate and the flow is just good. He emphasized how great its design is. However, he added that there’s a one key feature that wasn’t clear before he purchased the faucet. It’s the faucet defaulting back to the normal flow after it is turned off. That’s why he mentioned that if you have the spray enabled and you turn off the faucet, upon turning it on again, it will come on as normal flow. This would prevent unpleasant surprise of having the sprayer on abruptly.
6) Moreover, the nozzle of Kraus KPF-1650SS can be removed and has a spray or stream setting that locks on for hands. It stands around 26 inches tall but has a slim design so it doesn’t appear obtrusive or block the view out of the user’s kitchen window. Upon removing, the nozzle will pull down into the sink with just little effort. On the other hand, when it is released, it moves easily back into the magnetic holder.
7) Overall, the installation was a total breeze since the threaded collar with the 3 tightening screws is wonderful. In fact, a verified user was able to tighten the collar by hand and use the 3 Philipps screws to greatly tighten it down. It is much easier than a standard mounting bracket, particularly with limited clearance, not to mention that it is super secure. It’s a great, stylish, elegant, and minimalist kitchen faucet. Just a couple of suggestion, make sure you are aware of how tall the hose/spring is off the counter.
5. Friho Lead-Free Commercial Brushed Nickel Stainless Steel Single Handle Single Lever Pull Out Pull Down Sprayer Spring Kitchen Sink Faucet
Summary of what Friho Kitchen Faucet has to offer:
- Friho kitchen faucet is quite known for its premium quality. First, it meets the lead-free standard for the industry. It has solid brass casting body constructions as well as superior rust-resistant finish – Brushed Nickel that ensures durable lifetime use. Moreover, it has ceramic disc valves which exceed industry longevity standards, ensuring durable lifetime performance – tested and proven with 500,000 cycles.
- One good thing about Friho kitchen faucet is its unique design that makes it more stable than any other faucets. Its suitable height enables it to meet the demand of most average kitchen. Its design comprises of high-arch spout design with a 360-degree rotation thus offering more room for a variety of sink activities.
- It has water feature that includes stream and spray, and mix with hot and cold mode, providing convenience for use. Friho is also incorporated with a pull down hose which is long enough to pull down and with ease spray, the sink and most likely long enough to fill a pot sitting on the side of the user’s sink.
- Its nozzle is very easy to clean. The nozzle was made from rubber and help prevent accumulation of hard-water. Moreover, the product comes along with accessories such as 3/8 inches female compression thread water lines with 1/2 inch adapters.
What Users Have to Say About Friho Kitchen Faucet:
1) For most users, Friho kitchen faucet is an amazing deal on a very nice high quality faucet. The stainless finish is excellent, and should last indefinitely even in a greasy shop environment. Moreover, the swivel handle is quite unique because it moves from left to right in order to adjust the temperature. You pull it straightforward away from the faucet neck to turn it on. It’s rare for most prospect users. It comes with everything needed to install it and would have been even more beautiful in a nice kitchen environment.
2) As for another verified user, he found Friho to be a fantastic faucet because of its low profile and the under-sink ball is quite short so it’s great if users have limited space to work with. He added that it’s ideal for RV’s installation but will require the RV adaptors. In addition to that, it’s a bit heavier than the standard installed faucet – around 11 ounce heavier than the original but it’s a must have if prospects actually cook in their rig not just microwave.
3) Another user stated that Friho is powerful yet elegant. He loves how it swivels in and out of the holder. The spray setting has a lot of pressure. According to him, there’s no leaks and no issues upon installing. He emphasized Friho by saying how great quality it is for the price compared to other better known brands.
4) However, some reviews mentioned some issues of the product. One common example among the users were while the description they read upon buying lead them to the conclusion it had a base with it (it would let you put it on a metal sink and cover the three holes you may already have there to adapt it to another hole fixture, but it didn’t. That’s why they suggested that if prospect users want to mount Friho kitchen faucet to a metal sink as opposed to a granite countertop, they need that base. Though according to them, it wasn’t that of a big deal since it is quite inexpensive, easy to install, great design, and works well.
Home Depot Kitchen Faucets Buying Guide
It’s not really a good idea to dive head-first into purchasing a kitchen faucet since it could be a costly venture if you happen to be unprepared. Aside from possible pitfalls that could lead prospects to calling a plumber, they could end-up having something instealled that ends up not being what they really desire. When purchasing a kitchen faucet, your decision must be treated with utmost care because you’re dropping so much on one item. For all we know, pretty much every kitchen has their own theme so fabricating your wants and needs for a certain model is crucial, it is because other people’s needs could potentially differ completely from what you actually need.
Below, you can read some primary considerations upon looking for a kitchen faucet that will fit your needs. Now, after reading those sections, you should get a better understanding of what it is that would work best for your kitchen. Here’s the thing, don’t be scared to disseminate the word or even do some Christmas shopping. Remember that there is always someone out there that could utilize a great kitchen faucet.
What Kind of Sink Do You Have?
Most likely, this is a surprise for some people but there’s actually a different types of kitchen sinks other than stainless steel. And as obvious as it is, stainless steel is clearly the leader since it makes up the bulk of the kitchen faucet industry. A statistic result won’t be changing anytime soon because stainless steel sink is installed in more homes than all other sink types combined.
Stainless steel is cheap to product and very versatile, thus it can provide many double sink and single sink choices at a nice price. Moreover, they have similar amount of versatility during installation, giving the users to install them as an under-mounted or top-mounted sink.
Thicker stainless steel is usually better though it’s not really common unless you are purchasing from a number 1 brand. However, the only advantage of purchasing high-quality stainless steel is the natural dampening effect on sound since steel can be pretty noisy. But it has already been solved over the years by padding and coating, although inexpensive versions may not have this. The con of a stainless steel kitchen sink is that it scratches frequently and shows water spots a lot visible than any other kinds.
Kitchen sinks that are either made of quartz composite or granite are interesting alternative for stainless steel sinks. In fact, they are king when it comes to stain and scratch resistance, the reason why they have such expensive prices. The raw materials that comprises these tough sinks are known in the market to be the most durable out there, that’s why if the price drops enough to lure prospects then surely, consider investing.
What Design Fits Your Kitchen Sink?
Designs of kitchen faucet will surely come in handy when choosing between the two-lever or single-lever system. Remember that the two-lever system is regarded to be dying out, since the only remaining advantage of having one is still being able to utilize the kitchen faucet if one of the handles surrenders.
On the other hand, single-lever systems are extremely durable today. For anxious prospects, there’s always the option of getting a motion-controlled single-lever system to fully bypass having to worry about it breaking. Conventionalist may find it to their liking the way a two-lever system looks, though it remains that the market will still cater and make some gorgeous kitchen faucets like that.
What Versions Do You Prefer?
If you haven’t still realized it, this is one of the most fun parts of selecting a kitchen faucet – matching it with your kitchen décor. Modern style is the style that has been most related with kitchen faucets that use motion sensor. The conventional style has a mix of both traditional and modern beauty, making up for the lack of technology with some of the most standout finishes out there. Actually, transitional versions usually have the most prominent finishes. Conventional is not as bland as it sounds since it gets its inspiration from various European kitchens.
What Features Are Necessary?
Most likely, the best feature nowadays should always be the motion detection. Nevertheless, even though motion detection is the best feature today, the must-have feature that a kitchen faucet should have is an escutcheon plate. This feature is an immediate money savings in the box before you even open it, and only few brands offer this kind of feature. One more thing to put in mind is the importance of getting a magnetic dock if ever you are planning on getting a pull-out or pull-down spray head. It would help prevent future sagging of your faucet’s spray head.
Now, when deciding on what’s the best kitchen faucet for your kitchen needs, this a bit of an exhaustive list should be enough to get you going in the right track of selecting the ideal setup.
For prospects that are planning on doing a self-install, keep in mind to have all of the necessary materials prepared and read the manufacturer’s manual before even start working to avoid back-jobs. Try inspecting the area that the newly-purchased kitchen faucet will be installed in. Use your discretion in deciding the next move if ever you notice that there’s something that isn’t right.
It’s also a good idea to keep notes with the replacement numbers for the aerator and cartridge – the two most significant pieces of the puzzle with a kitchen faucet. Now, after installing your new kitchen faucet, it is a good idea to save your water bill for the next months for you to compare you old bill and see some changes. It won’t only help your water bill decrease but in fact you may find it inspiring to try this project with the rest of your house, with better outcomes.
Keep in mind that the two primary things that can’t be altered are the finish and the design. The catch is, if you don’t like one of those then probably, buying one is not really a good idea. Settling for a design of finish that you consider average might leave most consumers with loads of regrets later. Try to pick the best of both, and then work your way thoroughly using the knowledge that the two main things you aren’t able to change are of the highest quality to you.
Perhaps, the most important of all is to not be scared to ask for a professional installer because they are not only worth the bucks but are actually necessary in ensuring that everything goes perfect! Pick the best kitchen faucet to transform your kitchen, and ultimately the entirety of your home.