The precision of cutting your cigar will dictate how enjoyable and easy it is to use. Clean cuts retain the solid construction of the cigar while making it viable for smoking. Instead of using regular scissors or knives, a dedicated cutter will ensure that the cut will be smooth and convenient. This is the reason why a cigar cutter is a must for every aficionado.
Wine and cigars can form the ultimate love story
Things to consider
It may seem like an easy task: get a blade that cuts. However, there are different types of cutters you can choose from:
This type has a single blade to slice the cigar cap off. Usually, it can last cutting up to 54 cigars. This is the cheapest option too but you have to deal with the learning curve. A quick and strong movement is needed when cutting to produce the best results.
Bullet punch cutter
For those who always mess up cigar cutting, a bullet punch cutter is the best option. Instead of slashing the tip of a ring cigar, this one bores a hole in the middle. You just have to punch the tip multiple times to get the desired hole size.
Double blade cutter
If you are having a hard time with the guillotine cutter, the double blade cutter would be the better option. It’s like the former, but with two blades that offer more precision. You still need to cut with force, but the good thing is you can cut just about any cigar with this cutter.
Instead of slashing the tip, this cutter would create a V-shaped cavity at the tip of the cigar. It’s like using a punch cutter but with more depth. This is best used for smaller ring cigars but make sure that you invest in a quality blade.
For those who can’t master the art of guillotine-like cutters, a cigar scissor would be the last resort. It looks like a pair of scissors but with curved blades to accommodate a ring cigar. This one is used on cutting the cap of the cigar so you better get one made of sharp stainless steel.
If you’re scouting for the best commercial option, here are 10 of the best picks:
10 Best Cigar Cutters for Suave Smoking
1. ALASKA BEAR Stainless Steel Guillotine Cutter
This cutter from ALASKA BEAR bears a classic guillotine style. It’s made from brushed stainless steel with self-sharpening blades. Also, it has a hole diameter of 22.66 mm for cigars up to 60 gauge. The simple yet sleek design makes it a perfect gift, not to mention that it comes in a black pouch.
- Double guillotine handles for precise cutting
- Solid construction that lasts long
- Wide gauge range
- Great price for such a reliable tool
- Razor sharp and aesthetically pleasing
- Impressive customer service in case you have issues with the product
- Not totally self-sharpening after prolonged use
2. Colibri V-Cut Cigar Cutters
With its ergonomic design, this Colibri model makes a perfect V-shaped cutter. The stainless steel is spring loaded for a solid cut and the angle is acute for the perfect cutting edge. Unlike other cutters that require mastery, this one runs smoothly, producing a clean cut. In fact, this also works on torpedos aside from the usual ring types.
- Highly ergonomic for easy usage
- Sharp blades and unique angle for precision
- Comes in a suave box, perfect for a gift
- Cuts both torpedo and ring cigars perfectly
- Sturdy, sharp, and sleek
- Heavier than expected, but it doesn’t affect how easy it is to use
3. Cuban Crafter’s Cigar Cutter
This double blade cutter is guaranteed to deliver the classy Cuban cigar experience. Its two blades are self-sharpening and are actually made from surgical stainless steel. This has two handles too which makes it very convenient to use. The box just makes it more suave than it already is. If you’re looking for a gift for a cigar lover, this is unbeatable.
- Lifetime guarantee, you can get a replacement whenever you want
- Made from quality surgical stainless steel
- Self-sharpening blades
- It holds the cuttings instead of flipping it into the air
- Guides straight and cuts true
- It only cuts ring cigars of up to gauge 54. Still, not a biggie for most smokers
4. Xikar Xi2 Cigar Cutter Noir
Xikar is one of the most popular cigar cutter brands, and for good reasons. Their Xi2 model is made from sturdy steel with a Rockwell C rating equivalent to 57. That’s probably the hardest blade you can find. Aside from that, this bears the exclusive Xikar shape made from lightweight nylon composite.
- Very sharp and sturdy
- Comes in different metallic colors
- Unique shape but without compromising ergonomics
- Cuts very smooth without flakes or bits
- Guaranteed no cap issues
- Very expensive, but worth the purchase if you’re serious about cigars
- Very sharp, you have to watch where your fingers go
5. Mantello Cherry Wood & Stainless Steel Cigar Cutter
Do you want to cut your cigar in style? This guillotine cutter from Mantello is probably one the chic options. It sports a stainless steel and cherry wood construction with dual blades. This can cut up to 58 gauges of cigar on its sleek and handy construction. And so far, this cuts perfectly smooth and true.
- Very affordable considering the design and efficiency
- Can cut up to 58 gauges which is better than most cutters
- No rough edges, no piling
- Thick wood addition
- The color of the wood is a brighter red than what’s marketed. Still, it looks classy.
6. BLINKEEN Stainless Steel Double Blade Guillotine Cutter
The BLINKEEN brand put its exquisite steel taste on this guillotine cutter. It’s made from polished and bright stainless steel with customized nail grip. The double blades are razor sharp, not to mention the sturdy feel of the pure steel-made cutter. It can cut almost any ring cigar and even torpedo types.
- Comes in a sophisticated gift box and pouch
- Made from pure stainless steel
- Can cut most cigars
- Lifetime satisfaction guarantee
- Very sharp blade
- Very affordable
- Continuous use can cause friction on the fingers
- Not very fancy in appearance, but still a champ in functionality
7. Mantello 3 Piece Cigar Gift Set Guillotine Cigar Cutter
If you want to enjoy a diverse choice of cutters, get the Mantello 3-Piece package. It contains a guillotine, a V-shaped cutter, and a punch cutter. All of these come in a stylish black box and a black color for each piece. With that, you get to use a different cutter depending on the type of cigar you’re smoking.
- Three different cutters in one package
- Very affordable for a combo set
- The punch cutter fits perfectly as a keychain
- It can cut a variety of cigars with different gauges
- The set doesn’t have dual blades but it’s still unbeatable when it comes to functionality.
8. CigarExtras Tabletop V-Shaped Cigar Cutter
Do you want a cutter that will grace your tabletop? Then get this piece from CigarExpress! It has a polished aluminum construction with V-cut and guillotine styles. There’s also a lever that operates the cutting. If you have a LES BONNES wine and cigar bar at home, this would be a stylish addition. You can cut four cigars in one snap.
- Unique construction
- Can cut four cigars at the same time
- Two cutting style options
- Mess-free disposal clippings
- The ultimate gift for cigar lovers
- A little less weighted but still as fancy and functional as ever
9. Generic Guillotine Cigar Cutter
If you don’t have the budget, fret not because generic cutters are here to save the day. This generic pack comes with five simple guillotine cutters in black stainless steel construction. If you’re sending out gifts to multiple cigar enthusiasts, this is an economical yet useful choice.
- Very affordable with five pieces in one pack
- Useful and sharp blades that cut true
- Works just as advertised
- Provides great value and fits in a suit coat pocket
- The box it comes with is flimsy but the products aren’t damaged
10. Cuban Crafter’s Perfect Cigar Cutter
For a guillotine cutter that most cigar aficionados will love, the Cuban Crafter’s never disappoint to provide. Their Perfect Cigar cutter is made of surgical-quality stainless steel double blades. The two finger slots fit well on the fingers of the user.
- It says it can only cut 54, but it can accommodate 60 gauges
- Works for ring, Torpedo, and Figurado cigars
- Comes in an elegant gift box
- Lifetime warranty as long as you own it
- Exact cutting without ugly snags
- You may have to cut twice for large cigars. Other than that, the quality is pretty impressive.
- A bit expensive, but total value for money
How to Cut a Cigar
How To Clean Your Cigar Cutter
Cigar cutters offer more ease and precision when enjoying your cigar. Using your mouth to cut the tip will unravel its wrapper and ruin your Figurados. You don’t have to spend a fortune just to secure a decent blade that will make your smoking experience way better.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Cigar Cutters for Suave Smoking
- 1. ALASKA BEAR Stainless Steel Guillotine Cutter
- 2. Colibri V-Cut Cigar Cutters
- 3. Cuban Crafter’s Cigar Cutter
- 4. Xikar Xi2 Cigar Cutter Noir
- 5. Mantello Cherry Wood & Stainless Steel Cigar Cutter
- 6. BLINKEEN Stainless Steel Double Blade Guillotine Cutter
- 7. Mantello 3 Piece Cigar Gift Set Guillotine Cigar Cutter
- 8. CigarExtras Tabletop V-Shaped Cigar Cutter
- 9. Generic Guillotine Cigar Cutter
- 10. Cuban Crafter’s Perfect Cigar Cutter
- How to Cut a Cigar
- How To Clean Your Cigar Cutter