Speakers sitting at floor level just don’t sound the same. For higher quality and to surround yourself with better audio, speaker stands work well to get them at the perfect height. Speakers can take up a lot of shelf space, getting them their own stand not only makes room, it adds a little something to the décor as well. Following are ten speaker stands offered by Amazon, all of which were chosen on the basis of popularity, durability, and their ratings (none are less than a four star.)
1. Atlantic Satellite 77305018 2 Speaker Stands
This pair of speaker stands work well with satellite or surround systems. Made from cast iron, these durable items are easily adjustable from 27 to 48 inches. An added plus for this set of stands is the support pole and heavy base have a built-in, concealed wire path. This keeps unsightly wires out of sight as well as keeping them from becoming a tripping hazard.
2. SANUS Adjustable Height Speaker Stand – Extends 28″ to 38″ – Holds Satellite & small Bookshelf Speakers (i.e. Bose, Harmon Kardon, Polk, JBL, KEF, Klipsch, Sony and others)
From Sanus, this speaker stand will adjust from 28 to 38 inches. This kind of adjustability allows for more customization than stands without it, ensuring the perfect height as well as maximum enjoyment from a speaker. The pillar is heavy-gauge steel with an integrated wire channel built-in, and all it takes to put it to use is a few minutes, and a philips screwdriver. What makes this durable speaker stand even more attractive is a five-year manufacturer’s warranty.
3. Ultimate Support JS-MS70 JamStands Series Studio Monitor Stands (Pair)
Here’s a pair of speaker stands you can trust in either a studio or your home. They are kept steady and secure by leveling spikes for carpeted areas and also come with rubber feet to protect hard surfaces. The triangular base makes them easy to fit into any out of the way corner, and a locking pin keeps the height exactly where you leave it. These JamStands adjust from 32.5″ to 44.25 and they come in very handy when you need to get those expensive speakers set up safely.
4. Bose FS-1 Bookshelf Speaker Floor Stands (pair) – Black and Silver
This set of speaker stands is from Bose, a well known name in the musical supplies business. They have all the style of Bose merchandise, adding discreetly to the décor of any room they are used in. Pets and small children seem drawn to wires but that is not a problem with the built-in wire channel in these stands. They conceal wires and what can’t be seen is usually ignored by sharp teeth or busy little fingers.
5. VideoSecu 2 Heavy duty PA DJ Club Adjustable Height Satellite Speaker Stand Mount – Extends 26.5″ to 47″ (i.e. Bose, Harmon Kardon, Polk, JBL, KEF, Klipsch, Sony, Yamaha, Pioneer and others)
Built to accommodate satellite surround speakers, this pair of VideoSecu speaker stands will adjust from 26.5 up to 47-inches. The extremely durable black finished steel in these stands can take up to 30 lbs. and side clamping top plates are adjustable in width from 5.5 to 11-inches. The top plate swivels 180 degrees and adjustable, screw-in rubber feet help to level the stand on any surface for assured stability. The concealed wire channel keeps things neat as well as safe from people getting tangled up in them.
6. Sanus Natural Foundations 30 Inch Speaker Stands, Pair (Cherry) – NF30C
Sanus Natural Foundations are two seriously attractive speaker stands that hold speakers at about ear height when sitting. Designed to hold up to 25 lbs., these cherry and black stands offer more than a positive addition to the looks of a room. With the top plate being screwed in securely, they are a safe, steady place to put speakers for maximum effect. The feet on the stand help keep it steady on any surface, however if you choose they are removable.
7. Mounting Dream MD5401 Height Adjustable Speaker Stands Mounts, Two in One Floor Stands, Heavy Duty Base and Extendable Tube with 11 LBS Capacity Per Stand, 35.5-48” Height Adjustment
Considering the stylish, modern look of these twin speaker stands they will look good no matter where you put them. Cast iron makes them stable, and very durable. The heavy base is triangular which adds to the total support and the tube is extendable from 35.5 to 48″ for perfect personal optimization. Wires are kept out of sight through the tube and base plus, there are 4 attachment options available for different types of speakers.
8. Sanus Natural Series 18″ Tall Center Channel Speaker Stand – NFC18B
This speaker stand is solidly constructed of real hardwood with beveled edges on the base and has a hand-rubbed, black finish. Featured are two different ways to ensure stability on any floor surface, either use the carpet spikes, or four screw-in polyester feet so the unit stays exactly where you put it. There is a safety channel behind the pillar to keep wires out of the way, and two options for speaker isolation. Use the neoprene pads that come with it, or the brass studs, either one will suit the purpose.
9. Bose UFS-20 Series II Universal Floor Stands
Here’s a pair of speaker stands from Bose that blend nicely with any décor. These stylish, slender stands don’t need a lot of room to keep your speakers perfectly positioned. Designed for Bose cube speakers, they are also compatible with many other brands such as CineMate 520, Sound Touch, and the Wi-Fi music system among others. Bose is a trusted name and that reason alone makes these stands worth putting in your cart.
10. TransDeco Speaker Stands, 24-Inch
These TransDeco speaker stands are what simple class is all about. Sold as a pair, they are constructed of quality steel, tempered glass with beveled edges and have a glossy appearance. Adjustable spiked feet keep it securely in place on carpet, or if you need to place them on a hard surface, non-slip covers are included for the spikes. These sturdy, durable stands are designed to accommodate 150 lb. speakers and built-in wire concealment means no more unsightly wires laying around.
There are so many speaker stands on the market today, choosing can be difficult. Shopping the internet and information-overload kind of go together but you can avoid that headache by choosing from any of the above speaker stands. Out of the ten shown, here are two of the more popular choices.
Tips: #2 from Sanus is a well-built, dependable choice with a lot of adjustability built into it, and it comes with a 5-year manufacture’s warranty. #10 doesn’t have that kind of warranty but each stand holds a 150 lb speaker and it’s hard to top that classy steel and glass look.
Table of Contents
- 1. Atlantic Satellite 77305018 2 Speaker Stands
- 2. SANUS Adjustable Height Speaker Stand – Extends 28″ to 38″ – Holds Satellite & small Bookshelf Speakers (i.e. Bose, Harmon Kardon, Polk, JBL, KEF, Klipsch, Sony and others)
- 3. Ultimate Support JS-MS70 JamStands Series Studio Monitor Stands (Pair)
- 4. Bose FS-1 Bookshelf Speaker Floor Stands (pair) – Black and Silver
- 5. VideoSecu 2 Heavy duty PA DJ Club Adjustable Height Satellite Speaker Stand Mount – Extends 26.5″ to 47″ (i.e. Bose, Harmon Kardon, Polk, JBL, KEF, Klipsch, Sony, Yamaha, Pioneer and others)
- 6. Sanus Natural Foundations 30 Inch Speaker Stands, Pair (Cherry) – NF30C
- 7. Mounting Dream MD5401 Height Adjustable Speaker Stands Mounts, Two in One Floor Stands, Heavy Duty Base and Extendable Tube with 11 LBS Capacity Per Stand, 35.5-48” Height Adjustment
- 8. Sanus Natural Series 18″ Tall Center Channel Speaker Stand – NFC18B
- 9. Bose UFS-20 Series II Universal Floor Stands
- 10. TransDeco Speaker Stands, 24-Inch