Without a doubt, the bathroom is a very humid place. Without having a proper ventilation, the humidity in the air can cause problems such as heavy mist, mildew, and mold growing within your bathroom. These things can be quite expensive and time-consuming to remove. That’s where a bathroom exhaust fan can help you.
You want to get a bathroom exhaust if you want to get rid of humidity for good. The good news is there are numerous of them in the market. However, you may have a hard time picking the best one due to the flooded market. So how do you properly select the right one? Here we will give you the things to consider.
Table of Contents
- Things to look for when buying bathroom exhaust fans
- Top 10 Best Bathroom Exhaust Fans Reviews
- 1. Panasonic FV-08-11VF5 WhisperFitEZ Fan
- 2. Delta Breez SLM100 Slim 100 CFM Exhaust Fan
- 3. Broan 688 Ceiling and Wall Mount Fan
- 4. KAZE APPLIANCE SE90TL2 Ultra Quiet 90-CFM 0.3-Sones Bathroom Exhaust Fan
- 5. Tatsumaki TA-120 Ultra Quiet 120 CFM Bathroom Ceiling Fan
- 6. KAZE APPLIANCE SE90T Modern Ultra Quiet 90-CFM 0.3-Sones Bathroom Exhaust Fan
- 7. Ultra Quiet Ventilation Fan Bathroom Exhaust Fan
- 8. HOMEWERKS WORLDWIDE 7130-02-BT Bluetooth Bath Fan
- 9. Fantech PB110 Inline Exhaust Bath Fan
- 10. Panasonic FV-08WQ1 WhisperWall 70 CFM Wall Mounted Fan
Things to look for when buying bathroom exhaust fans
Buying the best bathroom exhaust fan is actually easy — that if you know what to look for. To help you get the best product that fits you best, below we have provided some points that you should keep in mind when buying one. Let’s dive right in.
Capacity of the air flow
One of the most important things to consider is the airflow capacity. Each exhaust fan has different airflow capacities, and this is measured in CFM or cubic feet per minute. Fans with higher CFM fits larger bathrooms perfectly, while those with lower CFM tends to work better on smaller bathrooms.
Level of the noise
The quieter the fan, the better. You want to look for an exhaust fan that is not only powerful but quiet as well, especially if you want to take a shower peacefully. Fans with more than 4.0 sones are often noisy. Go for fans with a rating of 0.5 – 1.2 sones as these fans perform quietly.
Most bathroom exhaust fans today are provided with the same motors that produce low noise levels. These motors are specifically designed to reduce energy consumption, allowing homeowners to save energy and money. Fortunately, the majority of exhaust fans comes with energy efficiency feature so you should not have a difficult time selecting one that reduces energy consumption.
Exhaust fans commonly come with different features. Some fans have lighting and sensors, while others have humidity sensors. It’s crucial to get a bathroom exhaust fan with features that will meet your bathroom needs.
Top 10 Best Bathroom Exhaust Fans Reviews
1. Panasonic FV-08-11VF5 WhisperFitEZ Fan
Featuring a built-in fan speed selector, the Panasonic FV-08-11VF5 Fan allows users to control the speed of the airflow. If you’re trying to save money, this exhaust fan might fit you best since it is energy efficient. It’s also easy and quick to install.
How to Install / Replace Old Fan to Super Quiet Panasonic FV-08-11VF5
- Ideal for renovation or remodeling
- Fast and easy to install
- Offers quiet and energy efficient exhaust ventilation
- Detachable adapter that delivers flexibility
- Some people find it a little noisy but the noise is tolerable
- It might take you some time to install the fan but it works pretty well once installed properly
2. Delta Breez SLM100 Slim 100 CFM Exhaust Fan
The Delta Breeze Exhaust Fan is one of the quietest exhaust fans out there. It has a noise level of only 1.0 sones that enables you to shower in peace. The fan is included with an indicator light that allows you to tell if it is running.
- Low noise
- Designed to last long
- Features an LED indicator light
- Steel construction that resists corrosion
- You may have a hard time following the instructions but it’s actually easy to install. Just be patient
- The installation can be time-consuming but it’s worth it once done right
3. Broan 688 Ceiling and Wall Mount Fan
With a compact housing, the Broan 688 Ceiling and Wall Mount Fan fits between wall studs or ceiling joists effortlessly. This exhaust fan is effective in eliminating odors and humidity in your bathroom. You’ll be able to remove common bathroom problems like dust, odors, and chemicals with his one.
- Reasonably priced
- Provides good airflow
- Compact and simple to install
- Performs effectively
- It’s not that powerful compared to other brands but it performs well for the price
- This exhaust fan is loud but not too loud — the noise is pretty bearable
4. KAZE APPLIANCE SE90TL2 Ultra Quiet 90-CFM 0.3-Sones Bathroom Exhaust Fan
The KAZE Ultra Quiet Exhaust Fan does not only ventilates the air in your bathroom but also gives you lighting as well. It is created with high-quality parts that allow it to last for some time. In addition, it is included with durable triple point mounting brackets that are adjustable up to 24-inch joist centers.
- 3 Sones quiet
- With LED night light that lights bathroom in the dark
- Reliable and high-quality
- Provided with adjustable mounting bars for flexibility and security
- Some people find the light a bit dim but it does a good job in ventilating air
- This fan isn’t quiet but it has a perfect amount of noise
5. Tatsumaki TA-120 Ultra Quiet 120 CFM Bathroom Ceiling Fan
The Tatsumaki TA-120 Bathroom Ceiling Fan has an expensive look. It comes with two hanger bar system that offers greater flexibility. The fan is strong enough to remove unpleasant odor and moisture from the air.
- Affordable and reliable
- Eliminates moisture and odor
- Powerful for the price
- Runs quietly
- It’s too loud but it removes air quickly and effectively
- The instructions are not translated well but the installation is really easy and fast
6. KAZE APPLIANCE SE90T Modern Ultra Quiet 90-CFM 0.3-Sones Bathroom Exhaust Fan
Another great KAZE Bathroom Fan in the list is the SE90T. It performs quietly and provides good ventilation. Furthermore, it’s housing is made of galvanized steel that resists rust, enabling it to last longer.
- Produces little noise
- Cheap and good quality
- Heavy duty fan motor
- Designed to last longer
- This fan isn’t as quiet as other fans but it’s a good deal considering that it’s available at a competitive cost
- The quality is not the best but that’s expected since it’s affordable
7. Ultra Quiet Ventilation Fan Bathroom Exhaust Fan
The Ultra Quiet Ventilation Exhaust Fan helps reduce and eliminate humidity, odor, and moisture in your bathroom. It has an attractive design that complements almost any decoration with little to no effort. Moreover, it only produces 0.3 sones, making it pretty quiet.
- Reduce and removes moisture, odor, and humidity
- Ventilates air effectively
- Solid build quality
- Easy to install
- Directions are quite confusing but just be patient and take your time — it’s only a bit tricky to install
- In terms of quality, it doesn’t have the best one but what do you expect — it is cheap
8. HOMEWERKS WORLDWIDE 7130-02-BT Bluetooth Bath Fan
The HOMEWERKS WORLDWIDE Bath Fan stand out for one reason: it comes with a speaker that provides clear sound up to 30 feet. This exhaust fan is also provided with an LED nightlight that enables you to move comfortably in the dark. It’s ideal for homeowners who want to listen to songs from their gadgets while in the bathroom.
- Ideal for tech-savvy
- Features an LED light and powerful speaker
- Quiet bathroom exhaust fan
- Easy to set up
- Bluetooth range isn’t that wide but it’s perfect for smaller size bathrooms
- It’s a little pricey but this fan is definitely worth purchasing
9. Fantech PB110 Inline Exhaust Bath Fan
Low on energy usage, the Fantech PB110 Inline Exhaust Bath Fan produces little noise — no buzzing and humming. Installing the fan is quick and as easy as a piece of cake. It helps move a fair amount of air, making it one of the best exhaust fans available today.
- Energy efficient
- Low noise level
- Removes humidity quickly
- It’s loud when running but that’s normal for a powerful exhaust fan
- The Fantech Fan isn’t very durable but it can longer with proper maintenance
10. Panasonic FV-08WQ1 WhisperWall 70 CFM Wall Mounted Fan
Featuring well-lubricated motors and a blower wheel, the Panasonic FV-08WQ1 Wall Mounted Fan is designed to perform continuously for many years. This fan can also save you money since it helps minimize energy consumption.
- Made to last for many years
- Constructed of good quality components
- Detachable grille
- Ideal for small bathrooms
- The fan is a bit big but that’s what makes it effective
- You might find it quite challenging to set up but it comes with instructions that will guide you
Bathroom exhaust fans are there to make our every shower a breeze. Without the right exhaust fan, expect a mist inside your bathroom when you shower. In addition, mold and mildew can grow in your bathroom if you don’t have an exhaust fan as it helps eliminate the excess moisture. While there are many exhaust fans in the market, this makes it confusing and hard for people to choose the right one. That’s why we have provided our reviews of the best bathroom exhaust fans above. Use the reviews above as a guide to make it easier for you to find the right product that suits you perfectly.