Mean Girls is a teen comedy film in 2004 about a group of high school girls and the pecking order among them. The movie was a hit that a sequel was released in 2011. It has developed a cult following, and it is one of the most quoted teen films today.
100 Reasons Why Means Girls Has the Best Dialogue in Teenage Movie History
The movie has changed the way young people speak then, and it still is making an impact on the youth of today. Here is a compilation of the best and funniest quotes found in the movies. Enjoy!
1. Get in loser. We’re going shopping.—Regina George
2. ‘Cause she’s a life ruiner. She ruins people’s lives.—Janis Ian
3. Karen: If you’re from Africa, why are you white?
Gretchen: Oh my God, Karen, you can’t just ask people why they’re white.
4. On Wednesdays, we wear pink.—Karen Smith
5. Who did it!? Who fed Coco Chanel?—Mandi Weatherly
6. Ex-boyfriends are off-limits to friends. That’s just, like, the rules of feminism.—Gretchen Wieners
7. Calling somebody else fat won’t make you any skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn’t make you any smarter. And ruining Regina George’s life definitely didn’t make me any happier. All you can do in life is try to solve the problem in front of you.—Cady Heron
8. Student: Nice wig, Janis. What’s it made of?
Janis: Your mom’s chest hair!
9. Coach Carr, step away from the underage girls!—Mr. Duvall
10. Raise your hand if you have ever been personally victimized by Regina George.—Ms. Norbury
11. I’m sorry that people are so jealous of me. But I can’t help it that I’m popular.—Gretchen Wieners
12. There are two kinds of evil people in this world. Those who do evil stuff and those who see evil stuff being done and don’t try to stop it.—Janis Ian
13. And I want my pink shirt back! I want my pink shirt back!—Damian Leigh
14. That is so fetch!—Gretchen Wieners
15. Gretchen, I’m sorry I laughed at you that time you got diarrhea at Barnes & Nobles. And I’m sorry for telling everyone about it. And I’m sorry for repeating it now.—Karen Smith
16. Four for you, Glenn Coco! You go, Glenn Coco!—Damian Leigh
17. Duvall: Miss Smith?
Karen Smith: Whoever wrote it probably didn’t think anyone would ever see it?
Mr. Duvall: I hope that nobody else ever does see it.
18. We only carry sizes one, three and five. You could try Sears.—Sales Lady
19. I already told you I don’t pick up ogre’s, also green is so not your color.—Mandi Weatherly
20. Don’t have sex. Because you will get pregnant. And die.—Coach Carr
21. That’s why her hair is so big. It’s full of secrets.—Damian Leigh
22. Hell, no. I did *not* leave the South Side for this!—Mr. Duvall
23. She doesn’t even go here!
24. It’s like I have ESPN or something. My breasts can always tell when it’s going to rain. Well, they can tell when it’s raining.— Karen Smith
25. Okay, so one more time – she’s never made out with anyone.. ever? Or this week?— Chastity Meyer
26. Janis Ian: What is that smell?
Cady Heron: Oh, Regina gave me some perfume.
Janis Ian: You smell like a baby prostitute.
Cady Heron: Thanks.
27. Mess with me? Fine! Mess with my family? You’re dead.— Johanna Mitchell
28. Can I get you guys anything? Some snacks? A condom? Let me know! Oh, God love ya.—Regina’s mom
29. Don’t have sex in the missionary position, don’t have sex standing up, just don’t do it, OK, promise? OK, now everybody take some rubbers.—Coach Carr
30. Oh my god, Danny Devito! I love your work!—Damian Leigh
31. Who could think of something so childish yet brilliant? Except for a bunch of mean girls.— Johanna Mitchell
32. Stop trying to make ‘Fetch’ happen. It’s not going to happen!—Regina George
33. Watch out, please! Fresh meat coming through!—Damian Leigh
34. Janis: We gotta crack Gretchen Wieners. We crack Gretchen, and then we crack the lock on Regina’s whole dirty history.
Damian: Say crack again.
35. Trang Pak is a grotsky little biatch…Trang Pak made out with Coach Carr.—Burn Book
36. OMG, she changes her voice with ease! She has a heavy accent in real life.—Chastity Meyer
37. I know I may seem like a bitch, but that’s only because I’m acting like a bitch.—Cady Heron
38. I don’t think my father, the inventor of the Toaster Strudel, would be happy to hear…you’re missing the mandatory floor meeting Wednesday at 9:00 PM in the lounge.—Karen Smith
39. If only you knew how mean she really is, you’d know that I’m not allowed to wear hoop earrings, right? Two years ago, she told me hoops earrings were her thing, and I wasn’t allowed to wear them anymore. And then for Hanukkah, my parents got this pair of really expensive white gold hoops, and I had to pretend like I didn’t even like them. It was so sad.—Gretchen Wieners
40. Karen: What? He’s a good kisser.
Gretchen: He’s your cousin.
Karen: Yeah, but he’s my first cousin.
41. The limit does not exist.—Cady Heron
42. I gave him EVERYTHING. I was half a virgin when I met him!—Regina George
43. Ok, so we’re all here ’cause of this book, right? Well, I don’t know who wrote this book, but you all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it ok for guys to call you sluts and whores. Who here has ever been called a slut?— Ms. Norbury
44. Mrs. George: I’m not a regular mom, I’m a cool mom. Right, Regina?
Regina: Please stop talking.
45. Mandi, can I see your invitation because.. I’m pretty sure I left ‘vapid bitch’ off the list.— Johanna Mitchell
46. But you’re, like, really pretty… So you agree? You think you’re really pretty?—Regina George
47. Janis: That one there, that’s Karen Smith. She is one of the dumbest girls you will ever meet. Damien sat next to her in English last year.
Damian: She asked me how to spell orange.
48. Oh, hi. Did you wanna buy some drugs?—Ms. Norbury
49. I’m a mouse, duh.—Karen Smith
50. Norbury – Sad, old drug pusher.—Burn Book
51. On Oct. 3, he asked me what day it is.—Cady Heron
52. Boo, you whore!—Regina George
53. Everyone in Africa can read Swedish.—Cady Heron
54. My hairline is so weird.—Gretchen Wieners
55. You can’t sit with us!—Gretchen Wieners
56. Cady: And they have this book, this burn book, where they write mean things about all the girls in our grade.
Janis: What does it say about me?
Cady: [lying, because the book describes Janis as a dyke] You’re not in it.
Janis: Those bitches!
57. You can walk home, bitches!—Regina George
58. My hips are huge!—Karen Smith
59. My nana takes her wig off when she’s drunk.—Damian Leigh
60. Oh, and we only wear jeans or track pants on Fridays.—Karen Smith
61. Why are you so obsessed with me?—Regina George
62. One time, she punched me in the face. It was awesome.—Bethany Byrd
63. I used to think there was just fat and skinny. But apparently, there’s lots of things that can be wrong on your body.—Cady Heron
64. At your age, you’re going to have a lot of urges. You’re going to want to take off your clothes and touch each other. But if you do touch each other, you *will* get chlamydia… and die.—Coach Carr
65. This is the fertility vase of the Ndebele tribe. Does that mean anything to you?—Cady’s mom
66. And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle, so that man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals.—Homeschooled Boys
67. Gretchen: Dawn Schweitzer is a fat virgin.
Regina: Still half-true.
68. I know what “homeschooled” is, I’m not retarded.—Regina George
69. Miss Smith, why would Regina refer to herself as a…”fugly slut?”—Mr. Duvall
70. She made out with a hot dog.—Karen Smith
71. Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut, and no other girls can say anything about it.—Cady Heron
72. Is butter a carb?— Regina George
73. My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.—Mr. Duvall
74. Half the people in this room are mad at me, and the other half only like me because they think I pushed somebody in front a bus, so that’s not good.—Cady Heron
75. You can’t join Mathletes! It’s social suicide.—Damian Leigh
76. I’m not really into drama, but I do know you have an advanced shop class.—Johanna Mitchell
77. Make sure you check out her mom’s boob job. They’re hard as rocks!—Gretchen Weiners
78. Grool… I meant to say cool, and then I started to say—Cady Heron
79. I’m sorry I called you a gap-toothed bitch. It’s not your fault you’re so gap-toothed.—Michigan Girl
80. And evil takes a human form in Regina George. Don’t be fooled because she may seem like your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag, but in reality, she’s so much more than that.—Janis Ian
81. Your face smells like peppermint!—Aaron Samuels
82. I wish I could bake a cake full of rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy.— Crying Girl
83. Regina: Cady, do you even know who sings this?
Cady: Um… the Spice Girls?
Regina: I love her. She’s like a Martian!
84. Somebody wrote in that book that I’m lying about being a virgin, ’cause I use super-jumbo tampons, but I can’t help it if I’ve got a heavy flow and a wide-set vagina!—Bethany Byrd
85. I don’t hate you ’cause you’re fat… you’re fat ’cause I hate you.—Jessica Lopez
86. I know she’s kind of socially retarded and weird, but she’s my friend… so, just promise me you won’t make fun of her!—Regina George
87. I just wanted to say that you’re all winners. And that I couldn’t be happier the school year is ending.—Mr. Duvall
88. Oh, I love seeing teachers outside of school. It’s like seeing a dog walk on its hind legs.—Janis Ian
89. I mean no offense, but how could she send you a candy cane? She doesn’t even like you that much. Maybe she feels weird around me because I’m the only person who knows about her nose job. Oh my god, pretend you didn’t hear that.—Gretchen Weiners
90. Cady: Hi, I don’t know if anyone told you about me, I’m a new student here, my name is Cady Heron.
Kristen Hadley: Talk to me again, and I’ll kick your ass!
91. Don’t be. You can do this. There’s nothing to break your focus because not one of those Marymount boys is cute.—Ms. Norbury
92. I know having a boyfriend might seem like the only thing important to you right now, but you don’t have to dumb yourself down in order for a guy to like you.—Ms. Norbury
93. I’m wearing a spinal halo.—Regina George
94. I have this theory, that if you cut off all her hair she’d look like a British man.—Cady Heron
95. Oh no, I can’t say anything else until I have a parent or lawyer present.—Gretchen Weiners
96. Growing up female in this world is not easy. In China, baby girls are routinely put up for adoption. And in parts of Africa, women are still made to live in tents during the time of their menses.—Gretchen Weiners
97. Good news, they didn’t get run over… Bad news, they’re still flat.—Damian Leigh
98. Sometimes older people make jokes.—Ms. Norbury
99. …what is up? What’s the 411? What has everybody been up to? What’s the hot gossip? Tell me everything. What have you guys been listening to? What are the cool jams?—Regina’s mom.
100. This is Damian. He’s almost too gay to function.—Janis Ian
The Mean Girls movies are considered one of the most quoted films in recent history because of its witty and funny lines. They have become icons and still enjoy quite a following until today.